GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of waiting and commitments from 3 different dealers that didn't get theirs my local dealer got one in today! It was a surprise allocation from Honda and just what I Wanted, a Black Tour DCT . Pick it up tomorrow. I never even ever rode one but after 45+ years on a Harley let's see how it goes. After I pick this one up in my garage I'll have a highly customized 2018 Harley Road King special, a 2022 BMW Transcontinental and now this. I told my wife by the end of the year I will sell one of them. I suspect it won't be the Gold Wing.....
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tire Tread

Attachments

Registered
I have the perfect ride for you. On Sunday May 22 we are having an RTE ( ride to eat) at noon at Bubs BBQ. The address is 676 Amherst Rd, Sunderland, MA. Perfect way to shake out the cobb webs, ride the new bike, and try out the Nav. Come one, come all.

Premium Member
2016 F6b Deluxe Traxxion Mega Henrys Final Drive
Notice how it鈥檚 strapped to the crate frame. Interesting 馃え No wonder they cost so much! Its got 2 k in packaging.

Registered
Oh, I am so sorry. Congrats on your new ride. That is the color I would have chosen also. Not the trans, but the color looks so nice on that bike. That is definatly a Batman bike

Premium Member
2022 Tour DCT
congrats and welcome
i just picked up the very same bike (my first gold wing... and a lifelong dream to own one) 4.5 days ago....
but, who's counting... LOL
these 2 pictures taken 2 days ago

Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Plant

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Plant

__
SO excited for you
please post often and enjoy every moment

Registered
An off topic question: How do you like the Transcontinental? Aside from the customary marketing hype (and the typical user forum fanboys) there seems to be very little enthusiasm for the oversized boxer twin.

Registered
After months of waiting and commitments from 3 different dealers that didn't get theirs my local dealer got one in today! It was a surprise allocation from Honda and just what I Wanted, a Black Tour DCT . Pick it up tomorrow. I never even ever rode one but after 45+ years on a Harley let's see how it goes. After I pick this one up in my garage I'll have a highly customized 2018 Harley Road King special, a 2022 BMW Transcontinental and now this. I told my wife by the end of the year I will sell one of them. I suspect it won't be the Gold Wing.....
View attachment 401155
Congratulations - looking forward to your thoughts after that first ride!

Registered
Scarlett aka The Crimson Couch (2018 Tour DCT)
You basically describe my dream garage with your fleet.

Any idea which of the two non-wings you might be selling if your wife doesn't forget she said you had to sell one? I say keep the BMW and have a flat-configuration theme going. The v-twin is the odd man out now :D

Registered
2002 Stream Silver ABS. Full Traxxion Suspension.
You sound just a tid-bit excited 馃榿 Enjoy it.

Reactions: Billt1NH

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Notice how it鈥檚 strapped to the crate frame. Interesting 馃え No wonder they cost so much! Its got 2 k in packaging.
You are correct the crating would cost around $2000 but the dealer only pays that if they don't return it. I was in the equipment business for 40 years and when the crates went from wood to returnable metal everything got better and less wasteful

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats. I own 2 as well. Guess which bike got sold.
View attachment 401188
After buying the BMW Transcontinental I realized with the Jug placement there was no way I could get comfortable for 600+ mile days. So I told the BMW dealer I wanted a 2022 Grand America as well. They never called me back so I started looking and my journey brings me to the 2022 Tour DCT. In 3 hours I pick it up

1 - 20 of 29 Posts