GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of waiting and commitments from 3 different dealers that didn't get theirs my local dealer got one in today! It was a surprise allocation from Honda and just what I Wanted, a Black Tour DCT . Pick it up tomorrow. I never even ever rode one but after 45+ years on a Harley let's see how it goes. After I pick this one up in my garage I'll have a highly customized 2018 Harley Road King special, a 2022 BMW Transcontinental and now this. I told my wife by the end of the year I will sell one of them. I suspect it won't be the Gold Wing.....
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tire Tread

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Notice how it’s strapped to the crate frame. Interesting 🤨 No wonder they cost so much! Its got 2 k in packaging.
You are correct the crating would cost around $2000 but the dealer only pays that if they don't return it. I was in the equipment business for 40 years and when the crates went from wood to returnable metal everything got better and less wasteful

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats. I own 2 as well. Guess which bike got sold.
View attachment 401188
After buying the BMW Transcontinental I realized with the Jug placement there was no way I could get comfortable for 600+ mile days. So I told the BMW dealer I wanted a 2022 Grand America as well. They never called me back so I started looking and my journey brings me to the 2022 Tour DCT. In 3 hours I pick it up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts