GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can certainly tell it's too d**n hot to ride by how much the new threads and posts have slowed down.

Kinda hard to think about ridin' in this heat!!

·
Trained Killer Member
1,533 Posts
I hear ya Danster...heck, I even wussed out and caged it yesterday (but I did ride to PT at 0600 hrs! LOL) Getting ready to do the same thing today...ride early in the am, cage it the rest of the day. It's GOTTA get better soon, huh? :shrug:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Yesterday was tuff. The monkey about got me a couple times. Digging up a backwater valve , bushes, roots, about three feet deep, water line in the same ditch, all hand digging, 100 plus degrees, that sun is relentless.

Drunk a whole gallon of water, and three large Gator Aids and did not have to piss till 6 p.m.

But it is looking up, next week the weather outlook says from 95 all the way down to 91.

May have to start wearing a winter coat. :joke:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Dan, you dead on!! The heat is depressing and oppresive!! People are more irritable than ever!! It does not help that we are in water rationing mode out here and no relief in sight!!

It really does not help to wait until late in the evening to try and ride--Its 100 degrees at 9pm!!!

The good news is--Each day puts us 1 day closer to rain and cool weather!! :excited::thumbup:

It will be cooler at RIPFEST__OCT 1--Eastland, Texas--BE THERE!! BE THERE!! BE THERE!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Too hott!!!

Have you noticed that many of the roads that were smooth before now have surface variations, especially at bridge crossovers?? Are they going to smooth out whenever it cools down or are we going to have a lot of on going road reconstruction?

·
Registered
754 Posts
:agree: it will be 104 today in Yuma, AZ and the bike stays in the garage. Gives me some time to work on my HF trailer some more, wiring now :eek:4:

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Move north.

·
Registered
272 Posts
100* days

Well the 1980 streak is intact. 40 and out here in Cowtown 2011.

...louie

58 total 100* days and counting toward the record 69. We have already broken the record consecutive 100* days in a row.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well the 1980 streak is intact. 40 and out here in Cowtown 2011.

...louie
I'm 50 miles west of Cowtown and the streak wasn't broken here. We've been at least 5 degrees hotter than D/FW all summer. We had a 10 day streak of over 110 'til yesterday. Highest so far- 116, twice.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
You can certainly tell it's too d**n hot to ride by how much the new threads and posts have slowed down.

Kinda hard to think about ridin' in this heat!!
Dan, you need to run for President on the "It's to damn hot to ride" ticket. You'd get my vote.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really, it's too d**n hot for anything right now. August always s**ks here in Texas anyway but man, this year has been something else!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sad to think it really won't cool down here in Central Texas until maybe Thanksgiving.

Texas don't like to give up her heat easily.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I heard the Devil called - He wants his heat back!!!!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
106 forecast for Houston tomorrow.....:thumbup:
who's riding?

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
Whoever is in charge of this heat thing, could you please turn it down a bit before this Yankee comes and visits in 46 days, please :thumbup: thanks in advance :yes1: If you do this for me I could bring down some Wi. Cheese for ya ! This is not a brib just a thank you gift really :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts