GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I RODE IT 34 MILES and had to go back to the dealer...i couldn't get the windshield back down...operator error. the purchasing process was a pain as they always are..people aren't there when they say they will be, figures don't jive..ect...I did get tires for life but that's another story i'll save for a campfire somewhere. now i need hwy pegs and couple of memory sticks :) oh and arm rest for my wife, and a cover for away from home, and something to wear in fla for this heat.....

Attachments

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. Sorry the process was a disappointment.

Tires for life? That's a hell of a deal if the dealer is providing it!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Congrats on the new toy. Looks sweet:cool::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
congrats on the new bike but you should have got the one with air condition....LOL

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrats on the new bike.

When I bought mine I was in and out with the paperwork in less than 15 minutes. Fastest I've ever bought anything that expensive. LOL

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike. I'm getting to like the looks of the 2012 Wings. Just like the how the 87 Ford pickups grew on me...and I bought one. Oh oh.

·
Registered
267 Posts
:congrats: on your new ride and rubbers for life. WOW

·
Registered
999 Posts
Congrats!! Last week I was at the dealership at 5:15 and they were unpacking a beautiful '12, shop foreman told me he could have it ready in the morning ........ I was tempted to go back in and ask about a trade, but I didn't, I only have 12K on my '10.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. :thumbup:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Gongrats on the new ride. I am sure you will be pleased. Now it is time to get that little sticker we talked about.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i rode it home and set out in the garage next to it in a chair with the fan on. then i read the entire owners manual....set the radio stations...set the clock..put it on the center stand. but i still don't know anything about the warranty at all. i never asked and the info was not offered.

the tires for life contract reads all service mmust be performed by them and oil must be changed at 2000 mile increments (at $95). that was not what i was told 2 days before by the manage. but i did get the manager to write on the contract that i would be changing my own oil at the mfg. recommended schedule.

tires for life only works if you only live 10 more years.

and tires for life can be cancelled at any time by the dealer.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
20,001 out the door...plus tag transfer and sales tax.
Congrats on the new bike. btw - Out the Door means just that - out the door and that includes sales tax, tag and title and any other gimmiks.

As for "tires for life" - don't you think that if you have to have $95.00 oil changes every 2,000 miles something here smells awuful bad?

Just think - tires last 10,000 miles and you are expected to spend in that interval $475.00 on oil changes instead of doing 2 changes yourself for a total of $50.00.........................

The mere proposition smells of dishonest conniving salesman......

Glad to see that you took the time to read the manual cover to cover....welcome to a small and privileged smart minority group!!!....As a firm believer and devout follower of the RTFM theory, I am certain It will serve you well.

You will find the latest warranty information on the Honda Powersports website. You may want to download the pdf and print it. You may need to bring it to educate the service manager on warranty issues.

Ride safe and enjoy a fine motorcycling experience.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Yep, the devil is often in the details as grandmothers used to tell us kids.

That bogus free tires deal smells like three day old TX skunk roadkill. Also makes that dealership smell pretty bad.

Allowing some marginally trained entry level dealer tech to change the engine oil and filter every 2,000 miles sounds like a recipe for unexpected consequences. I would take my service business elsewhere.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
They shouldn't make you change oil every 2,000 miles, look at the owners book, like they said before, they getting your money for tires up front with all the oil changes, What if your on a 4,000 mile trip, do they void their deal for tires because you didn't get the oil changed? One has nothing to do with the other.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Jeffrey wrote:
As for "tires for life" - don't you think that if you have to have $95.00 oil changes every 2,000 miles something here smells awuful bad?

Just think - tires last 10,000 miles and you are expected to spend in that interval $475.00 on oil changes instead of doing 2 changes yourself for a total of $50.00.........................

The mere proposition smells of dishonest conniving salesman......

If you go back and read his post he said that the manager wrote on the contract that he will be changing his own oil at recommended manufacturer intervals. Sooo tire deal is a good deal, as long as they don't cancel it on him !!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts