GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall

A while back I saw a contraption that attaches to the rear of the wing (where you'd attach a trailer hitch) and creates kind of a platform where you could place and strap down a box to extend your carrying capacity.

Problem is, I don't remember the name of this thing and I can't find it again.

So if you know the product I speak of, or anything about it, I'd love to hear from ya!

Thanks
Michael

·
Registered
100 Posts
Pak it Rak

I believe you are looking for the Pak-it Rak system. A lot of the members here are using them.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I made my own and used a 40 year old cooler, for around $25 bucks.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I made one that my trailer cooler fits into and it also will hold a small plastic storage bin if I travel without the wife and don't need the trailer. We also take it with when we do use the trailer then switch it out when we get there for hauling the cooler.
It only took me about 45 minutes to make it then had a friend put it through his powdercoat line. If making it yourself is an option you can save some bucks just make sure of the size of you items you will be hauling will fit.

Attachments

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
there is also one that looks like a extension of the goldwings trunk, that i saw a photo of on this board

made in alabama i seem to remember, color matched and pretty slick

a goldwing station wagon

·
Registered
821 Posts
May be cheaper to have one custom made to the size that you need if you know a welder.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I made one that my trailer cooler fits into and it also will hold a small plastic storage bin if I travel without the wife and don't need the trailer. We also take it with when we do use the trailer then switch it out when we get there for hauling the cooler.
It only took me about 45 minutes to make it then had a friend put it through his powdercoat line. If making it yourself is an option you can save some bucks just make sure of the size of you items you will be hauling will fit.
May be cheaper to have one custom made to the size that you need if you know a welder.
Exactly what I did. Like I said 45 minutes and some scrap pieces metal from my sheet metal shop and it was done.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you do not have a hitch on your bike, Pak-it-rak includes one suitable for light weight hauling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts