GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mounted a Michelin primacy PA3, why have you guys been keeping this tire a secret?lol. I barely notice its a CT. The steering is pretty neutral, I am thoroughly impressed by my first impressions.

I tried to instal with my HF machine and noscuff tool(similar to mojo lever). I couldnt get it in the drop center. I would love to hear how the DIYs mount them.

I had to take it to a garage, the guy took 4 tries to get it(with a automatic machine)

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
We try to keep it a secrete because we don't want a tire shortage!:lol::lol::lol:
:congrats: and welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Welcome to the "darkside" and very nice choice for a CT! :thumbup:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think you done good:congrats:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Welcome to the darkside.
Walmart does a good job for $5

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I have mounted three Kumho run flats with a Harbor fright changer using a Mojo lever. Takes about 10 min. The right tire lube and technique is the trick. NoMar tire lube is the best I have found.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have mounted three Kumho run flats with a Harbor fright changer using a Mojo lever. Takes about 10 min. The right tire lube and technique is the trick. NoMar tire lube is the best I have found.
Please post a video next time you change it.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Oh.........just a heads up from the general forum!

The people that run car tires do so because the vast majority of their riding is in the vertical position. When they use a motorcycle tire they simply wear out the middle, wasting the 80% of the tire that is used for cornering.

So make sure you don't corner! :wrong::p

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I mounted a Michelin primacy PA3, why have you guys been keeping this tire a secret?lol. I barely notice its a CT. The steering is pretty neutral, I am thoroughly impressed by my first impressions.

I tried to instal with my HF machine and noscuff tool(similar to mojo lever). I couldnt get it in the drop center. I would love to hear how the DIYs mount them.

I had to take it to a garage, the guy took 4 tries to get it(with a automatic machine)

Leave rhe tire sit out in the sun for a couple of hours before try to mount it.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bash lives in Portsmouth. Heck, we had a couple of darkside ride-ins at Portsmouth. Fall '08 and Spring '10

Looks like the old Ramada parking lot.(its been renamed a couple of times)

Lots of Red wings, were they the fastest color that day?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Looks like the old Ramada parking lot.(its been renamed a couple of times)

Lots of Red wings, were they the fastest color that day?
drn - there are a lot of people that think that way ....(shhhhhh) don't go there ...:eek:4:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts