GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, guys, it's official.....I have gone to the Darkside on my '08 GL1800. I had the Michelin Primacy mounted on the rear @ 36 psi and Bridgestone Battlax on the front @ 38 psi. I haven't ridden far on them yet, but so far I can't tell a lot of difference in handling. It seems just a little different, but not better or worse, just different. I'll know more in a couple of months and a few thousand miles. Thank you all for your insights, explanations and information. Ride Safe!

Chief

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Welcome to the DS! Enjoy!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside, home of the crash and burn experts..
You'll love your set up!!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Tire Pressure

JMHO...36 lbs air in the rear Michelin seems about 6 lbs high....I started around that pressure and found wearing more pronounced in the center...and started thinking...if this tire were on a car it would not have this much pressure...dropped it to 30 and been there for about 10K and wear and ride is very good. I have the Run Flat Primacy.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Offical

WELCOME to the Darkside, and I think you made a great choice on both of your tires. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I run my Michelin at 28 PSI and it's wearing nice and flat.
36 will wear out the center.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Welcome aboard
When your ready for your share of Darkside cookies , head north to Wi.

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
i ran 26/27 in rear -solo- center still wore out 1st here in flat fl. welcome to ds. if ya go in twisties then kick it up :bow:;)

·
Registered
7,372 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another welcome to the Darkside - and I agree with the comments regarding air pressure. I run 28 if flat slab, 32 to 34 if twisty and pulling the trailer. PM Murgie for a Darkside #, and if interested in a decal here's the info for that - http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?415058-DARKSIDE-DECALS-and-STICKERS-GET-THEM-HERE-INFO

And welcome to miles of smiles Chief. :thumbup:
COB, I got dizzy trying to follow the directions to get a reflective sticker to go on the rear fender of a black bike. If you can explain the PayPal info in Seabee terms, I'll send the money. Use small words and short sentences.

Chief

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, guys, I'm backing off the air pressure on the Michelin to 30 when I'm solo, and back up to 34 when Babycakes is with me, and when pulling the trailer. Remember, I'm sort of a "virgin" Darksider, so be gentle.

Chief

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AND........how do I get in touch with "Murgie"? I need a DS number.

Chief

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
That was the question, Boomer, I don't know how to find Murgie on the forum.

Chief
Belay the last, Boomer. I found Murgie sent him a PM. Thanks.

Chief
Sorry, I didn't under stand your question. I should have given you a link. He most likely would have found your post but it is best to send a PM like you did.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
:congrats: Welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts