GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great start here. I asked for some feedback on an '08 wing I put on hold and received a lot of great feedback. Seems like a good community. Based on this, I checked out the bike pretty good and decided to make the purchase. Having it stored until spring so I will not be riding it. Looking forward to going from a yamaha roadstar to the touring platform. This bike will be much more fitting for the annual cross-country trips my brother and I take.

Thanks again....I will see you around.

·
Registered
145 Posts
What a great start here. I asked for some feedback on an '08 wing I put on hold and received a lot of great feedback. Seems like a good community. Based on this, I checked out the bike pretty good and decided to make the purchase. Having it stored until spring so I will not be riding it. Looking forward to going from a yamaha roadstar to the touring platform. This bike will be much more fitting for the annual cross-country trips my brother and I take.

Good luck, and welcome!

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
The best (*motorcycle*) purchase you'll ever make!

Ronnie

I'll beat you'll wonder way you didn't make this move wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy soon'r

Reactions: Bloodbought1

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Congratulations, enjoy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome to the world of Goldwing! You will live your 08. I have an 08 trike with all the bells and whistles. My previous bike was a Yamaha Stratoliner. It was great too. But I love my wing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!!! You should have taken it for a week of so and done some riding before you had them park it for the Winter. :wink2:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Congratulations. Reading between the lines, it seems like you never took a test ride. If so, I would love to see the grin you are going to have next spring. I made the same switch ten years ago (roadstar to wing), but I wimped out and needed a test ride. Albeit by the time I had shifted from first to second to third, I was sold. The rest is history. Have somebody waiting with a camera when you get back from that first ride.

Richard

·
Registered
458 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Oh.... Your gonna love it! However you could bring it home and park it next to the Christmas tree!
Congrats,

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Congratulations!

It's a keeper ... Hope you enjoy the ride.

We already know you will.

Donnie

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats! I bought my first one several weeks ago and put 1000 miles on it commuting to work and a couple day rides. No regrets moving from the Nomad to the Wing! I am sure you will find the same thing.

·
Registered
5,908 Posts

Congrads !!!:laugh:

A roadster woo that's funny ( oops did I type that)>:)

You have no idea get a tall windshield if you dont mind looking thought it. Then a cb and another for your bro.
Good luck

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all for the welcome! I am quite sure I will have no regrets.

Richard - you are correct. After all the running in my day and fitting in the credit union and trip to the dealer I just couldn't fit in a test ride today and unfortunately I will be working the next 11 days so wasn't in the cards. Feel pretty good though and yes it will be a good day on that first ride....a long winter ahead :crying:

mountain Rider, ha don't think I don't wish I could've taken it for a week but unfortunately I will be working like a dog for awhile :frown2: and wouldn't you know it we are going to have a warm front the next few days.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Congrats and welcome! You will love this GW! my exact year and color. Mine is ABS, don’t remember if yours is also. Don’t be shy and ask questions as you come up with them. I have learned quite a lot on how to, what to look for etc. from these wonderful forum members. Have the winter to research and gather info.
BTW, rumor has it that our color is the fastest ??.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Just a quick bit of advice when you store your new ride until Springtime. Resist the urge to go start up the engine just to let it warm up and to listen to that great GL1800 engine purr. Unless you can actually ride it for a reasonable amount of time, condensation will build up in the engine oil doing some nasty acidic harm in the long run. In addition, water will form and collect in the exhaust system causing rust. Enjoy your new wing!

Reactions: Barrycuda67

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a quick bit of advice when you store your new ride until Springtime. Resist the urge to go start up the engine just to let it warm up and to listen to that great GL1800 engine purr. Unless you can actually ride it for a reasonable amount of time, condensation will build up in the engine oil doing some nasty acidic harm in the long run. In addition, water will form and collect in the exhaust system causing rust. Enjoy your new wing!
Thanks. I worked in the deal to have the dealer store it and then prep it in the spring. Having stored bikes in the garage before, I definitely know the temptation of wanting to fire it up

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Thanks all for the welcome! I am quite sure I will have no regrets.

Richard - you are correct. After all the running in my day and fitting in the credit union and trip to the dealer I just couldn't fit in a test ride today and unfortunately I will be working the next 11 days so wasn't in the cards. Feel pretty good though and yes it will be a good day on that first ride....a long winter ahead :crying:

mountain Rider, ha don't think I don't wish I could've taken it for a week but unfortunately I will be working like a dog for awhile :frown2: and wouldn't you know it we are going to have a warm front the next few days.
>:)>:) Let me at that THANG and I’ll test it for you since your busy working and all. I’ll be right down >:)>:) just kidding.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts