GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my ride freshly sporting DD'sider and Centramatics. Took it out for its maiden voyage of approximately 75 miles, up onto Lookout Mtn and its environs.

The route consisted of many curves, some of which were fairly nice and would score decently on the curvometer, straightaways, ups and downs, and all asphalt surfaces of varying condition.

In short the bike rode amazingly! Tires were quiet, gripped like glue and smooooth ride. Overall, I noticed absolutely no difference in how the bike tracked, its stability, setting up for a curve and how it handled in the curves seemed just as with my former tires (Metz 880's frt & rr). Simply put if I didn't know of the change in skins, I wouldn't been aware that a change had occured.

I will be taking a trip into the UP of MI in a few weeks. Expect to cover 3800 miles +/- traveling a nice mix of road as well as Mackinaw Bridge...so I should have an update with some substance upon my return.

The shop that performed the work is primarily Harley orientated, although he gladly works on all metrics...he also indicated that has owned 2 earlier version Wings in the past. This was his first installation of CTs...and after doing so he was impressed on how they mounted, the Centramatics in general...he did however, have a problems with the bolts in the front rotors/brakes and had to bore them out and retap?....

During our prelim discussions, he said that he was aware of the usage of CTs and that it tweaked his interest. Now after seeing first hand, as well as a test ride on my bike he is convinced that it's worth taking a serious look as a possible tire solution to his Ultra. He also indicated, that after riding my bike, that it may be time to consider another Wing...he called the bike a beast, and was surprised on the improvements since his last experiences with/on Wings..

So, let me say that I am truly happy with my decisions....and hope, as well as expect, that future miles will render enjoyable results.

Thanks to all who have gone before me for supplying so much constructive information, so as to allow me to make a measured decision...will look forward to passing along additional input as the miles and experiences allow.

Thanks Doug /AG5I

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Doug dude your where pretty close to me and no Darkside cookies,shame, Shame on you. Well next time your through here give me a shou and they will be yours. :congrats: by the way :yes1:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Doug, thanks for the report! I hope you have many many safe and enjoyable miles!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rail, I don't head up to the UP for another 2-3weeks, if time allows, I will sure stop and give you warning of same...thanks!

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome!
:congrats:
The tire works great for me too.

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Rail, I don't head up to the UP for another 2-3weeks, if time allows, I will sure stop and give you warning of same...thanks!
Make time, there worth it ;)

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Make time, there worth it ;)
If ag5i doesn't want his cookies send them to me and Rocketman we will be more than happy to take them off your hands. :thumbup: :joke:

·
Registered
259 Posts
:congrats: Enjoy the smooooooth ride. :coffee1:

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
If ag5i doesn't want his cookies send them to me and Rocketman we will be more than happy to take them off your hands. :thumbup: :joke:
Rumor has it he needs diet cookies :shrug:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:agree: Right on bro.:thumbup:

Rumor has it he needs diet cookies :shrug:
:22yikes:there should be some kind of law against that!:joke:

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
I can tell you one thing for sure ,no freaking diet cookie will ever come out of my kitchen as long as I am alive. So according to my thinking you got a few years yet before wife kills me for being me.;)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
:congrats:

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
congrats! and welcome to the good ride!
The car tire, centramatics, race tech fork rebuild, different rear spring, and a double wallyworld pad have turned my wing into one smooooooth ride, yet still very sporty feeling (for what it is-I know it is not a crotch rocket).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts