GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a line this weather isnt supposed to cross. I think its called the Colorado river... Whoever sent this ice and snow down, please take it back. My dog cant even walk down the sidewalk without loosing it, and he has 4 foot drive!

John

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Thank "Wingnutzz"! He has had enough and sending this to others.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If it's any consolation, we're freezing our butts off up here in Utah. It has gone beyond COLD to %$#@*&^ COLD!!! All I want to know is, where's all this global warming when you really need it? Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Gosh .. its even cold here in the deep south... whom ever left the A/C
on high.. PLEASE return it to normal ...

cosmic

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
38 degrees here in Clear Lake (SE suburbs of Houston). No precip yet, but I know it's on its way.

I was just out a while ago. It's windy, damp and cold. This is our annual reminder of why we don't live in the north. Makes us appreciate summers more!

·
Registered
221 Posts
30 degrees in the San Antonio/Universal City area. Started sleeting here a few minutes ago.

Ed W.

·
Registered
645 Posts
At a 2 week high of -10 w/lows in the -teens -21 no snow can't ride anything right now (and you are complaining)

·
Registered
39 Posts
John, darn snow makes it a fun ride on trike. Didnt go far, as freezing rain on W/s, but had fun sliding around. :D

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Chuck715 said:
At a 2 week high of -10 w/lows in the -teens -21 no snow can't ride anything right now (and you are complaining)
Yes, we are complaining. If you had to live through our hellacious summers - 95 degrees and 90% humidity for five months, you'd understand why we are complaining about getting such crappy weather in the winter!!!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
As I speak it's snowing lightly and 30* here in southern Ohio. Sunday it was 61*. If you don't like the weather ....wait five minutes, it'll change. :roll: You folks in the west, midwest, and north have my sympathy.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Snow?

In the immortal words of the Great Gordie Howe......

"I grew up in a place that was so cold, we had 6 months of winter and 6 months of tough sledding"

We were -17 this morning. Right now (3:30pm) it has warmed up to +8.

I just put on a sweater.

Cloud9

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here in North San Antonio (Stone Oak for you LIP's) it has been freezing all day. There's lots of ice on the driveways and sidewalks and it started sleeting around 3 PM. I work at USAA and we were sent home at 2.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I was at Ft. Hood late '70, sat in the barracks and watched the locals slide through the stop lights at the corner when it snowed a little. Sorry, had to laugh. It's gotta be rough, not having snow plows and salt trucks waiting. :wink:

·
Registered
364 Posts
3 inches of snow in Portland, Oregon today. The city is in a crisis mode
it seems like. I don't understand people that drive without chains or snow tires w/studs.

The local NBC station is airing a home video shot this morning. The
person was filming people driving down a steep street. The cars were
playing ping pong out of control going sideways down the hill.

There's a particularly painful sound of cars crunching into each other.

Now the slush is gonna freeze tonight...it's not gonna be pretty in the City
of Roses tomorrow morning.

·
Vendor
21,872 Posts
Yea, pretty nasty here too this week. Looks like we are going to get all 5 of our winter weather days in one shot this year.

I wonder if I need to do anything to the bikes since I may not be able to ride them for 5 or 6 days. Should I add stabilizer to the gas and get the tires off the ground, or do you think they will be ok if I don't ride them till next Wednesday?
:a13:

·
Registered
241 Posts
God's gonna get you for that, Fred.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE.

Its been freezing rain and sleet all day. We are supposed to get more tonight. I couldnt open the door to the truck if I wanted. Its completely encased in ice about 1/2 inch thick. The highway dept is running out of supplies so now they are closing the major overpasses to conserve whats left...

Looks like another day at home tomorrow.. The bright side is I am getting a lot of ammo reloaded :)

John

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Perhaps the appropriate reply would be "think Spring!" But actually having a Wing for the first time in 14 years I'm more inclined to "think Catscade!"

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Fred H. said:
Yea, pretty nasty here too this week. Looks like we are going to get all 5 of our winter weather days in one shot this year.

I wonder if I need to do anything to the bikes since I may not be able to ride them for 5 or 6 days. Should I add stabilizer to the gas and get the tires off the ground, or do you think they will be ok if I don't ride them till next Wednesday?
:a13:
Fred - funny you say that. I have not ridden the Wing in about ten days, and the FJR in about two weeks. I was just thinking a while ago that I need to go out and start them both tomorrow. God, I hate letting them sit!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts