GL1800Riders Forums banner

It's that time of year Gentlemen!!!! Run for the Colors!!!!

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Cherry Pie 
#1 ·
As with the "1st Annual Hoosier Run for the Colors", the 2nd Cruise is being planned. The 15th of October is the target this year.

Last minute planning worked last year so this years event is being organized with the same degree of forethough and precision as last years.

Per Mike and Chelle's request I am forwarding an invite to any and all that may feel the need to take in the Beautiful Colors of Southern Indiana in Mid October.

A local group is being assembled to explore some stunning and technically diverse assortments of Rural Indiana roadways and this year the focus is from South Central Indiana and East to the New Albany, Indiana area.

Some of the distance travelers last year arrived the day before to practice up for the big day . Ross, if'n you would be so kind as to PM those folks I would appreciate it. As I mentioned a couple of months ago, I will use my silver tongue to snag some reduced rates anywhere the center of operations ends up being.

As last year, all interested parties please chime in here. We have a goodly assortment of local 'Wing riders that would love to share y'alls company and good conversation.

As an afterthought......Shoes are required!!

Bradford

See less See more
#3 ·
We always take a day and run down into the Harrison/Crawford Forest. It seems like everyone forgets it is there. It isn't real commercialized and has some of the prettiest roads in the State. I love southern Indiana. SR 62 through Charlestown and over to Madison is great too. Ken

#4 ·
Hwy 62 From Dale to New Albany is a nice ride. Designated a scenic road.

Th Overlook Restaurant at Leavenwirth is a nice place to eat as is The Dock on the Ohio River also at Leavenworth. Stop at the Overlook for the view if nothing else.

Corydon, IN the first state Capital of Indiana will be decorated for fall I suspect. They have several restaurants including O'Charlies and Bob Evans and a Ryan's.

#5 ·
24K, keep me posted on the progress and the potential hook-up spots. I am always game for a ride down there. When I was a pup, Floyd and Harrsion Counties were my assigned counties with the State Police. Ain't a nook or a cranny I ain't been down there. It has changed so much in the last 20 years, it is always fun to go down there. Ken

#6 ·
Time table is still the 15th. Gathering at the Memorial Gym parking lot just east of the intersection of US 231 and Old State Hwy 64 in Huntingburg ZIP 47542. 0800 CST.

Be there.....................or not.

Bradford

#7 ·
Isn't that the same weekend as the Harrison, AR gathering?

Last year you guys got together the last weekend in October. I rememer my wife and I freezing on the way there, only to thaw out about time to get the bikes warmed up again in the morning.

Not going to make it this year, but have a great ride. That's a beautiful part of the country.

#8 ·
YEP! Conflicts with the Harrison Gathering, where I will be. If You can wait til the 22nd the Northern flight will fly down and meet up again.

#10 ·
Thanks for a great day!

We just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came out this past weekend to enjoy the Southern IN countryside with us. We had wonderful company, great weather & some wonderful roads!

Unfortunately no one date works for everyone. Next year we'll shoot for the last Sun. of the month in hopes of getting back some of you who came the 1st time.

For those of you who may be looking for a place to ride the last Sun. of this month (Oct. 29) we are playing around with the idea of going again if the weather cooperates. Anyone interested?

Thanks again everyone!

Mike & Chelle

(24 karat usually posts for us but I thought we would give him a break and try to post this ourselves) New to this so I just hope it works....

#11 ·
Welcome aboard, Mike & Chelle. If the weather cooperates, we might try to join up on the 29th. I totally missed this thread, from the beginning. So that's one reason why we weren't there, last weekend. P.M. or e-mail me, if you plan any other rides in S.W. Indiana.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.