GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 195/55 today - thanks for the advice, Trialsman. Click here to find out my motivation for going to a run-flat...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Bad accident but could have been so much worse.

I believe you made a good choice.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Installed a Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 195/55 today - thanks for the advice, Trialsman. Click here to find out my motivation for going to a run-flat...
That was quite a ride the two of you took..........hope you both have healed up OK? Quality gear (and wearing it) makes all the difference in the world.

Yep, that would be why most of us choose to use run flats...........and Trialsman is in fact one great guy.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Thanks for the testimony Kevin. That is the exact reason for converting myself years ago. I lost a good friend in the same manner, near new rear tire, delam & exploded. They struck a guardail, his wife will bear physical and emotional scars the rest of her life. My friend survived the crash ............ for only a few minutes.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: Welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Welcome aboard, Qbird. :thumbup:

Heal quickly, both of you.

Maybe your story will get someone off the ATGATT fence or convince them they need a safer tire on the Wingabago.

The gear can be a pain, but I've ridden so long with it that I now feel weird without it.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Welcome ,Sorry to hear about you accident ,wish you both the best in recovery,Story's like these really make me think about wearing a full face helmet..

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Thank you for posting your experience, I hate to read this type of stuff but feel it is very helpful to help keep us all from getting too comfortable. You guys are very tough especially your amazing wife. The more I ride the more of the proper gear I purchase and use. I hope everyone checks their helmets for the correct fit...just because its comfortable doesnt mean it a good fit! Im so glad you folks are healing and are okay now.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I just ordered Alpin PA3 ZP from TireRack. I paid the extra $10 to get 2-day UPS in hopes it will be here in time to mount and use for WingStock. The ME880 that I mounted up after last year's Wingstock - which has only ~ 7500 miles on it (been a slow riding year with health and several other issues keeping me off of it) is already at the wear bars, so it is mount another tire or use the spare wheel and D250. :eek:4:

I sure hope that tire gets here soon!:thumbup:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts