GL1800Riders Forums banner

I've got my Colorado route planned.

1K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  shuckaduck 
#1 ·

See less See more
#5 ·
You have the mileage, but your sure missing the best places. Stay off those major roads, Even that one going north through New Mexico is a rip off... You need to do it on hiway 550 all the way to montrose. That gives you all the good roads.

JMHO 8)

#12 ·
Des Moines

Be sure to honk and wave on the way through Des Moines. We're really kind of friendly here...........

And I agree with KA7W on sticking with Hwy 550 through Colorado. We did it last June and had a blast. The road was very good, and the sights were fantastic. Even towing the Aluma, we were able to make very good time on the roads.

Cloud9

#16 ·
strogly consider going thru Arkaskas. Hwy 7. Eureka Spring is an interesting town.

Do the Talimena Scenic Drive from Mena, Arkansas to Talihina, OK. VERY nice along the ridge of some of the Quachita forest/Mtns.

Some BBQ stops are recommended in Texas. Sure some will chime up.

#17 ·
TxGoldWing said:
strogly consider going thru Arkaskas. Hwy 7. Eureka Spring is an interesting town.

Do the Talimena Scenic Drive from Mena, Arkansas to Talihina, OK. VERY nice along the ridge of some of the Quachita forest/Mtns.

Some BBQ stops are recommended in Texas. Sure some will chime up.
You also might check some ZIP codes along your route. Search & contact riders in those areas. Email & Ask about places to stop/eat/stay....sites & roads (small gems that would be easy to miss) not to miss.

We did it & it worked quite well. Local riders always know good places. Sign up if u haven't already. It's what mcrdb.com was designed for.

www.MotorCycleRiderDataBase.com

#24 ·
As the crow flies :lol:

Jan, keep going north in Michigan and do the bridge in to the upper peninsula. Lot of things to see up there. Have a safe ride, see ya in colorado. Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.