GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've moved from a walker to a walking stick. I am now able to put weight on my left foot and hobble around. I've got just one thing to say...

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, it's not bad. But I can tell it's going to take a while. Thanks to all for your prayers and concern.

Dan

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Keep up the progress. It is hard to imagine what you are going through but we all wish you well. P.S. Are you going to be well enough to chase the turkey around the table with a big carving knife? :lol:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Woo Hoo, the Godfather of the "Wingstock Mafia" is almost back. Can't wait, Dan. :D :D

Better hurry, though, Rib Country in Blairsville says they won't be able to keep it afloat too much longer without you. :lol:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
trialsman said:
Woo Hoo, the Godfather of the "Wingstock Mafia" is almost back. Can't wait, Dan. :D :D

Better hurry, though, Rib Country in Blairsville says they won't be able to keep it afloat too much longer without you. :lol:
Papa John's really appreciates the business, though!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I pray your healing continues. Remember pain might be a good thing here, considering you might have NO feeling. My prayers are with you Dan. The bodies' ability to heal (I happen to think the grace of the Creator helps too) is truly amazing.

FF

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bnordt said:
Are you going to be well enough to chase the turkey around the table with a big carving knife? :lol:
That turkey most likely won't make it from the fryer to the table. :chicken: :eat2:

trialsman said:

I heard they filed for bankruptcy.

dicepilot said:
Papa John's really appreciates the business, though!
I'm watching too many food comercials. Not only have I switched to Domino's Brooklyn Style, but I've even eaten some McDonald's. HELP!!!

Toyo said:
Sounds great man. Cant wait to see you in my rear view mirror again. LOL
Whaddaya mean? You've NEVER seen me in your rear view.

FastFreddie said:
The bodies' ability to heal (I happen to think the grace of the Creator helps too) is truly amazing.

FF

Amen to that.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
It's been weird waking up on Saturday mornings and you're not in my driveway waiting to ride...
Paul's been there a few times but he doesn't know the roads like you do.
Can't wait until you're back to blazing our trails again.

Did you get Melissa that sub-subcompact yet?

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Arn Butt Bill said:
Did you get Melissa that sub-subcompact yet?
Not yet. And it looks like the only bike riding I do for a while will be on a borrowed VTX. At least I'll be able to have breakfast with y'all and say goodbye on the handheld CB as y'all pull away from me on the road. Of course I'll keep losing weight because I won't arrive for lunch until about the time y'all are done and then it'll be time to turn around and go home while you continue to put more miles on. :lol:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Now Dan, stop crying in your gruel! If your friends have any sympathy whatever, they will slow down so you can stay with them. They all know what it is like to ride fast - maybe now's the time for them to learn to watch the scenery more closely, rather than carving up the corners.

Glad to hear things are progressing well for you. I'm also glad to hear you're looking forward to eating something more than you can pick up at a cage drive-in. Sorry about the rib place going under - hard to make a go of it when your best customers can't come.

Keep up the good work - slow but sure, that's our motto!

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Sounds like you are going in the right direction. That is great.

Do not worry about being behind Toyo unless he upchucks or drops things like his cell phone..... enough said here :lol: :lol:

Anyway when you get back on the VTX have fun and be careful...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Congratulations, just takes some time. Soon you will wonder how the time passed so quickly.

·
Registered
309 Posts
ddking said:
I've moved from a walker to a walking stick. I am now able to put weight on my left foot and hobble around. I've got just one thing to say...

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, it's not bad. But I can tell it's going to take a while. Thanks to all for your prayers and concern.

Dan
Hey, you got double-promoted. You bypassed the crutches altogether.

Glad you're doing better. Mind the docs!

p.s. They did show you the right way to "cane it", right? Use it on the opposite side of the injury. It's counter-intuitive but it works.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Glad th here that the rehab is going so good. Just take your time and you will be back riding before you know it.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
From a Walker to a Walking Stick. Now, that's progress. Hope it continues !!!

BTW......

What do they call a Boomerang that doesn't come back to ya >?

scroll down...

A STICK ! :D

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Glad to hear of the improvement Dan, your heading in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
That's great news Dan. Now that you can put weight on it....it'll come around fast.
Look forward to following you again....even on a VTX! :shock:

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
Good deal! Keep on keeping on!

prs

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
By His stripes my friend....

You'll be running down the road in no time and hopefully on a Wing. :wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts