GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I need some info how many of you have use the Iway 350 and how do you lilke it. Also how easy is it to use I am not very sharp on this stuff so I need all the info i can get.
Eddie H

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I have a 350C in the car. It's easy to operate and customize to an extent. Putting it on the bike would be a crapshoot because it isn't waterproof. In the bang for the buck department, you can't beat it.

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
have the iway 250c which i think is nearly the same as 350 only a newer version

also not waterproof

so far on the motorcycle i have only used it inside the left fairing pocket and playing thru the auxillary hookup, running on the built in battery which seems to last about 5 hours in cold weather

would be nice to be able to view the screen but just listening to the lady talk has taken me pretty easily to any address i tried

planning to eventually mount it somewhere in the trunk with velcro, plug it into a power outlet and listen to it thru the auxillary radio hookup

lots of folks seem to want the GPS do do everything, all i really want is a little help finding a place now and then

the 250c does have the abillity to view pictures from an SD card which seems like it will be pretty handy on our Alaska trip since my camera has a pretty small viewing screen

no one that i know of makes a motorcycle mount for the 250c but i think www.cyclegadgets.com does carry a motorcycle mount for the 350

·
Registered
358 Posts
Come on Eddie, I've told you to just order the darn GPS - you wants it, so gets it, just git off that wallet {grinning}

Ken H>

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have a 350c mounted on my wing. It works real well and is easy to use. It isn't water proof but I carry a zip lock baggie with me. If it is raining I just put the baggie over it and zip the ends shut, it woks OK. I used the mount that came with the GPS to mount it. I popped the Gold Wing emblem out on the dash right above the radio.

I drilled two holes towards the center of the mount and mounted it where the emblem was. I can take the two screws out and remove it and put the emblem back in and you can't see the holes. I am verry happy with mine and the price is right.

Pap

·
Registered
379 Posts
It works good Ken, it is a solid place to mount stuff. And like I said you can always remove what ever you decide to mount there and put the emblem back.

Pap

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Pap do you have any pic of the way you mounted it I got my Iway 350 in and not for sure how to mount it.
Eddie H

1 - 8 of 8 Posts