GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all:

I just purchased another new iway 500c. Probably one of the last ones made. The unit has a new way of finding addresses.

The units comes with version 1.7 software but it has a totally new way to find an address compared with the updated 1.7 software that I have on my old unit via the web update.

First, the screen leads you through the individual details one at a time. For instance, state than street number than street.

But here is the BEST part. It has auto complete. If I type in a street name as soon as it has enough letters it displays the available streets. Same goes for the state and street number as soon as it recognizes it.

I realize all the competitive models have had this but I and others always thought the iway should too. I guess this is a preview of the 600c.

Anyway, I am very pleased with this auto complete update. Other than that, nothing else has "stood" out that I can see as a change.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
...Other than that, nothing else has "stood" out that I can see as a change.
Press the Menu button twice and put the unit into 'off-road' mode. Select straight-line navigation and now you can select from inland lake charts (like the Garmin 378) or off-shore charts (like the Garmin 478).

The combination of the 1.7.0 firmware and the updated maps gives you the 'advanced' search feature as well as the additional maps. The 600c will include all these features plus the added capability of displaying satellite images overlaid on the maps (for certain areas).

Enjoy!

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I am also very happy with my IWAY and have had no problems.

Having said that I have been thinking of other brands that incorporate the use of a cell phone and XM radio.

Not having seen the specs on the new IWAY version my question is will any of this be incorporated in that unit?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Jon said:
Hey Jon, nice choice of a place on the map. I visited there about a year and a half ago. That is a really cool location. I have a couple of very nice pics of my visit. One of these days maybe I will find a good place to put my photos so I can post some of them. :roll: I really like the history of Deception Pass. :D 8)

Todd

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Thanks for the info Jon!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
wvnnva said:
... Hey Jon, nice choice of a place on the map...
I wanted an example of how it might be nice to have real-time information for the marine data (if you were using it on a boat) and I instantly thought of Deception Pass.

We used to have a boat that topped out at 8 knots - knowing that the current is running @ 22 MPH is handy information to have before entering the pass... :wink:

·
Registered
596 Posts
That's funny, I push my menu button twice and I don't get an off road option.

My second push gets me to the main menu which has buttons for system setup, gps status,pictures,transfer data,safety mode, device info, navigation mode, and categories drawn.

Jon, this is the replacement for my first one which by the way did not offer an off road option either.

The replacement unit seems to be working fine. I am going to use it in my semi for a while b4 I ship it to you to see if it will continue to perform ok. I will then let you know when I am sending it to you for the mods we discussed.

Fred

·
Registered
596 Posts
That's funny, I push my menu button twice and I don't get an off road option.

Any comments?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.