GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at www.compuplus.com at the Iway 500C for $572 - with the $100 rebate that's only $472 cost (shipping $20). They have an extended warranty listed for 3 yrs for $27. I'm sure that is actually 2 yrs over the 1 yr factory warranty. Does anyone have any experience with this warranty? What does it cover?

$27 sounds pretty cheap for an extra 2 yr warranty.

http://www.compuplus.com/i-Mack-3-Year- ... l7040uo1op

I hope that link works..

Thanks for any info. (I've sorta promised myself to purchase one before the end of the month when the $100 rebate offer ends.)

Ken H>

·
Registered
560 Posts
If you buy an Iway 500 I would highly recommend the extended warranty. Just had mine replaced as it had 3 or 4 problems, the most significant were bubbles in the screen and random reboots.

They supposedly sent me a brand new unit and after about 2 hours use the touch screen membrane is away from the screen about 1/8" everywhere except the edges,and the unit is automatically sequencing the directional arrows (N, 3D), constantly, and beeping at a high rate of frequency non stop. Also, is very hard to make contact with the air gap between the membrane and screen surface. Probably due to a funky touch pad. Sounds like another call to Lowrance. Before i send it back am going to try and use it while attending the WOTS. Am almost certain something else will go wrong with it before I return from the WOTS.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock: :shock:

LaMonster,
Man yer scarin' the livin' Hell outta me with the cryptic lil' sign, I've had mine for 3 months and so far knockin' on fake wood the only problem is operator lackin' a brain. :roll: :wink:

:flg:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ken,
If you read the fine print on that warranty, it says 3 years after the manufacture warranty expires! That should give you a total of 4 years, and by then you will want something different.

Thanks for the tip, I think I'll order one.

Jill

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LaMount, I knew you had problems, but didn't realize you were up to #9 - WOW!!! and to think I'm actually thinking of ordering a unit with that history!!!

That is why I was so interested in the extended warranty - but at $27 - that's a gimme - IF it's any good..... That is why I was asking if anyone had any experience with that specific extended warranty....

Oh well, it's only money so I'll be ordering a day or so - and at $27, not much of a risk, and if it does work - GREAT!!!

Thanks for all the help folks,

Ken H>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts