GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for Jon or anyone else who knows. I used to know but have forgotten.

I had a gif file in place of the warning screen. With the 1.8 upgrade, I lost it and I can't remember what I have to do to change it.

Help please.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,891 Posts
Well, the interesting thing is that with the new 1.8.0 firmware, the 'nag screen' disappears automatically after a few seconds!

To replace it, I think you need to put a copy of the version 8 loader program (*.ldr) into the root of the iWay along with a copy of your warning.gif image. I can't remember off-hand if you need to keep it in the 'SkinsUpdate' folder structure or not to be copied properly.

I've got the procedure on my laptop, along with a copy of the new 1.8.0 files (you did copy them to your PC so you can see what changes were made, didn't you?? :) )

Another feature I like is the enhanced Address Search function. Before, when you entered the address information (including the city that you thought it was in) into the search criteria, it would return a 'address not found' error if there was no exact match.

Sometimes, the suburbs around larger cities have different city names and the database info doesn't always match exactly with what you might have on a mailing address.

Now, the city search will expand beyond what you entered if the street address isn't found and return entries in the state that might be a better match. Pretty cool!
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jon said:
Well, the interesting thing is that with the new 1.8.0 firmware, the 'nag screen' disappears automatically after a few seconds!
Nope - not on mine. With Safety on or off, the nag screen stays on.

I have 1.8.0 Build:JR1859C

Jon said:
To replace it, I think you need to put a copy of the version 8 loader program (*.ldr) into the root of the iWay along with a copy of your warning.gif image. I can't remember off-hand if you need to keep it in the 'SkinsUpdate' folder structure or not to be copied properly.
Hmmm. That doesn't sound familiar, but...

Jon said:
I've got the procedure on my laptop, along with a copy of the new 1.8.0 files (you did copy them to your PC so you can see what changes were made, didn't you?? :) )
Uh, no I didn't, I just let it go directly to the iWay. :oops:

Jon said:
Another feature I like is the enhanced Address Search function. Before, when you entered the address information (including the city that you thought it was in) into the search criteria, it would return a 'address not found' error if there was no exact match.
Yeah, that's nice.

Jon said:
Sometimes, the suburbs around larger cities have different city names and the database info doesn't always match exactly with what you might have on a mailing address.

Now, the city search will expand beyond what you entered if the street address isn't found and return entries in the state that might be a better match. Pretty cool!
Yeah[/quote]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,891 Posts
I verified tonight - the warning screen on my unit doesn't disappear when the safety mode is off.

I haven't tried it with the safety mode on while not moving.

Do you need the procedure for loading the warning file? (and the loader?)
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jon said:
I verified tonight - the warning screen on my unit doesn't disappear when the safety mode is off.
I have to admit I haven't tried it while riding, it's been too cold. I had it attached (suction cup) to my front storm door. It gets a satelite lock and I can sit in the hall and stay warm.

Jon said:
Do you need the procedure for loading the warning file? (and the loader?)
If you'd be so kind.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,624 Posts
beastie, went looking through my old files and found this. Plan to do it as well, since I upgraded last night.

Replace the initial warning message

If you want to replace this warning message and disclaimer that comes up on initial boot-up, do the following:

1. Create a GIF image named warning.gif

2. Make it any resolution you desire, but keep the size down to less than 320 by 215 (W by H) with any picture or text you desire. I used 200 by 120 for mine with a message saying "Warning - Watch the road"

3. This image will be displayed centered on the screen allowing you to more easily reach the X button to close it. Smaller (within reason) is usually better.

4. Copy this gif to a new folder (create it yourself) on the iWay's hard disk. Create SkinsUpdate, then create another folder inside this one named Default. Anything you place here will end up in the hidden Skins\Default folder.

5. Copy 2410_8.ldr (the boot-loader) to the root folder of the hard drive and reboot the iWay. After 15-30 seconds it will update and reboot. You'll now see your new warning screen instead of the default one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Don, do you know if the 2410_8.ldr file has to be from the new 1.8 update to chabge the warning screen? Or would the 1.7 file work too.

If the one from 1.8 is needed could you send me a copy too.

Thanks

Rick


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,624 Posts
GWCBC05, I used my 1.7 file and it worked fine. Saved it on the desk top for future use.

Got a chuckle out of the pic in the signature line.

Hope that helps
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top