GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the large screen this unit has. I'm new to GPS.

Would the 600C be a good unit to consider?

What's the Ups & downs? Thanks

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
I believe that Jon who is a frequent poster on the board has said that they are not going to ship these units until some time in Feb.

I also am sure he will chime in when he sees the post.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
If they get the bugs worked out of the unit, it will be a winner. If it is like some of the iway 500's then it will be another story. Jon, remember I said "some" of the iway 500's not all of them. LOL's

·
Registered
119 Posts
A tech at getfeetwet just told me they should get their units on Feb 5th.

Hope that holds true, Santa said I'd be getting one for Xmas, and I'm still waiting. :cry:

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
lester said:
A tech at getfeetwet just told me they should get their units on Feb 5th.

Hope that holds true, Santa said I'd be getting one for Xmas, and I'm still waiting. :cry:
Lets see,, 365-19 means you still have346 days to wait for your new Iway. That means there will probably be another new model on its way and you might just as well wait for it. :lol: :lol:

Hope you like the Iway 600. I really do like my 500.

Ross

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
mechanically unreliable

·
Registered
130 Posts
David M. said:
mechanically unreliable
Bah! Humbug!

A lot of us have never had problems with the iWay 500C. I'm convinced that LaMont's problems just prove that the Boss Hoss is too powerful for electronics - period!

Seriously, I've had mine for 20 months and never a serious failure. I had one button-related event that was cured with the update to version 1.7.0 of th OS. I've got something on the upper side of 30,000 miles traveled with the iWay installed, first, on the handlebar then, later, on Jon's dash mount.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe David meant "overall" the 500 has had more problems than it should? I have read negatives about reliability on different boards.

I'm sure there's a lot of happy owners to. Great to hear you have a solid working unit!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts