GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my music on my Iway. I had to convert the files to a OGG file for it to play clear. Heres the problem. When I put it on the bike the music only plays through 1 speaker (right one) When I play my regular stereo it plays through both and with my Sirius it plays through both. Only with the Iway it plays just through 1.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
What do you get when you use the cigarette lighter power supply and a pair of headphones plugged into the jack on the side of it? Take the headphones and plug them into the output jack on the bike as well and make sure that you you don't have a defective connection between the bike and the output cable or the output cable on the bike and the GPS itself.

If you have only one channel on each of the headset-connected tests, you might have a broken wire/lead on the GPS side itself and it might have to go back for repairs.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
A few of us get that single channel problem intermittently. Try unplugging the iWay a few times and be sure the cable is fully insterted.

Also, verify your headset cables are all seated fully.

David M.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
How are you getting your Sirius and your iWay into your audio system? Are you using the AUX input?

Also, do the voice prompts only come through one channel of audio or both?

·
Registered
252 Posts
iWay 500 Stereo problem

Brihvac,

Check that you do not have a bent pin in the back of the iWay where you plug in the power/audio cable.

As you are aware, you sometimes have to wresle with the plug and there is a chance that you may have bent a pin. I have taken a razor blade and have carefully removed the ribbing off the power plug, put a little vaseline on the outside of the plug to make it easy to insert and remove the plug. (see tips and tricks at www.mountinginnovations.com)

You may also have a short in the cable or 1/8 the jack.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts