GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a New Iway 500C on the wing three weeks ago, with Jon's help of course. No other way as far as i can see. He seems to be out of reach as of late, so i have a question for some of you other Iway people out there. On my screen, i often have Drains come up. Something like Smith's Drain, or North Drain. I think it is some kind of ditch or watershed or something, but i dont give a Rat's A__ about that and want to take it off. I cannot find anywhere that tells me Drains are an option, and cannot remove it. I live in the Thumb area of Michigan. Any suggestions.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Look under displayed categories.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Well... I've never seen "Drains" either. But then again, I don't live in Michigan.

Since you said they may be watersheds... try this:

Go to your Category's Dawn menu... and scroll down to Marine Navaids (r something similar) Uncheck "Minor" and see if they're gone... and if not, uncheck "Major" and see if that does it.

If not, call Lowrance's 1-800 number, and ask them what category Drains would be under.

Good luck,
Tom

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I don't know where else I would've been - I'm here everyday...

Most of the water bodies have a blue dot next to them - click on the dot and then press the 'I' information button. In the bottom left corner should be the information category that body of water has been classified as.

Go to the 'Map Categories Drawn' menu and de-select it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no dot by these "Drains" just the name. I see the dots you are refering to, and understand what you are saying, but these are just on the screen in small text. Jon, when you get a minute, with your GPS, go to North Branch, Michigan - zoom in and look in a 20-30 mile radius and you will see them, i hope.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Ok, here's the scoop on the 'drains':

If you do a 'Find -> Cities -> Name -> North Branch -> choose North Branch, MI and click on 'Find on Map' here's what you get:

As you know, the iWay POI database is very detailed, sometimes providing more data than you want. If you want to remove something from the map, you can simply touch it and then press the Red 'Info' button. This is what you get when you click on 'Wilson Drain':

You can see that 'Wilson Drain' is classified under the 'Other POI -> Other Water' category. Go to the 'Categories Drawn' menu and scroll down to the 'Other POI' category and then scroll down this list and remove the check mark from in front of 'Other Water'. If you return back to the map, you'll see that 'Wilson Drain' is no longer shown.

What you can also see is that 'North Branch Drain' is still shown. Clicking on it and pressing the info button shows that this drain is classified under the 'Other POI -> Canals/Streams' category.

Repeat the process to turn those off and you'll get this view:

Just for fun, I decided to see what the 2720 shows when you seach for the same city:

(Find -> Streets & Cities -> City -> Spell -> North Branch -> Select North Branch, MI -> Advanced -> Browse Map)

For some reason, when zoom in to see the detail, it doesn't zoom in on the cursor and you have to scroll around to find the same location. The 2720 does not show the names of the 'drains' until you select them.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Jon said:
I will try that tonight and see what I see if someone else doesn't do it before me :)
Great, now that I spent all this time trying to help someone out, you go and find the solution. :x

:lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome, agian

Jon, you are the man. Thanks for the help again. How one guy knows so much about this stuff is beyond me. I am afraid to ask what you do in your spare time.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Re: Awesome, agian

SIB-04 said:
Jon, you are the man. Thanks for the help again. How one guy knows so much about this stuff is beyond me. I am afraid to ask what you do in your spare time.
Jon HAS NO spare time!!! :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts