GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the 'Day' version of my iWay skin file updated.

You can find some info on it at this link and if you're using Internet Explorer, you might be able to see some interactive descriptions & info.

In addition to the new 'Dashboard' page, I've cleaned up the keyboard layout and updated the audio player page.

You'll find the link to the zip file download at the bottom of the page. Someday, I might get to the 'night' version... :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Jon, downloaded your new skin for v. 1.7. I can't find how to get the Dashboard up. I really like the looks of this on your web page.
Thanks for the hard work.

Rick

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can access the 'dashboard' page by tapping on the top row of the main map page (where the 'current road' information is shown on my screen shot below)

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
When did you create that wonder? That's fantastic! Of course it only shows up after I send my iWay back for the last time. :(

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rastoff said:
When did you create that wonder? ...
I was just waiting for you to get fed up for the last time...

I've got a REALLY good one just waiting for LaMont to give up :lol:

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Jon said:
Rastoff said:
When did you create that wonder? ...
I was just waiting for you to get fed up for the last time...

I've got a REALLY good one just waiting for LaMont to give up :lol:
See how you are? That's why I've been telling everyone I know about your awful service. :p

(If anybody actually believes that, they obviously haven't dealt with Jon.)

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found a bug in the map page screen - I apparently left some test code (for a currently unsupported 'speeding display' function) that shows a flashing '0 ft' that flashes in the lower left corner.

I'll hopefully update the code tonight... :oops:

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Looks good Jon.

I still have problems using my Mac with the iWay (it does not work) so will wait till a son gets here with a windows machine and then update your skins.

Take care,

John S.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, I found the problem - there's an unsupported 'nugget' of code that I found that displays your speed (presumably in a large flashing font) when your speed exceeds the posted value for your location. I had tested it, but forgot to remove it since it didn't work yet. :oops:

It's been corrected, and I also added some translucency to the music player & menu access buttons on the main map page so the map details are still slightly visible through the icons.

I've also added a button to the 'Simulator Page' that gives you access to the 'Dashboard' page as well (under the map position indicator)

You can download the current version here: http://www.goldwinggadgets.com/iWay/J_A-Day.zip

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gopdebeek said:
Jon, How difficult is it to change the Dash to Kilometers per hours and Kilometers for distance for the Canadians?
Conversion of the units is simple - press the menu button three times to reach the 'System Setup' menu and press the 'Units of Measure' button. Choose 'Metric' and then tap the 'X' buttons to close the windows and now all of your units' functions will be in Metric units (including the dashboard) She now tells you to turn left on 44th Avenue in 200 meters...

If you do change your units, you might want to revise the dashboard page code to properly scale the analog gauges - it's not hard to do using any text editor.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, I've gotten a lot of requests for info on how to access the 'Dashboard' page of my latest skin. Obviously, the information wasn't as clear to everyone as I thought it was...

I've modified the file for the map page to make the access to the Dashboard easier. To access the Dashboard from the latest skin file, simply press the area where I show the speed displayed on the map picture below. The area enclosed in the box is the selection rectangle.

I also found that Lowrance's buttons on the 'Add Waypoint from Map' page was too close to the exit button, causing occasional extra entries. I've modified the button, moving it away from the 'Exit' button.

You can download the current version here: http://www.goldwinggadgets.com/iWay/J_A-Day.zip

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Thanks Jon. Better and better all the time.

Now, just for fun why not take that icon at 4317 130th Place SW and put some Christmas lights on it? Better yet, some smoke curling from the chimney and some snow flittering down as if on the Stevens pass?

As the old kid's poem goes: I love things to do; I can think of lots for you!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Great skins, except for that yellow stain on the sliders

David M.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, while taping some sample video yesterday, I noticed that the default Lowrance-supplied simulator skin is less than useful, so I modified it to include access to the dashboard, menus, etc.

If you don't use the simulator much, or don't care about this, you wouldn't need to update (again)

If you open the ZIP file, you can just extract the 'Simulator.skn' file to the 'Map Page' folder.

David, you'll be happy to know that there are two additional slider images in the 'Controls' folder so now you can replace that 'Yellow stain' with either a CBC or Blue bike if you must.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
LOL, but thank you Jon! I was only teasing you.

David M.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts