GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an iWay500c and for the most part it is working fine.
One problem I do have is if I stop for maybe 15-20 minutes with the iWay on it seems to lose the satellites. The cursor will be flashing a ? and if I go to GPS status it normally shows no satellites.

At first I thought maybe I was just in a bad area but it happens even in the open.

It never regains the satellites. If I turn it off and back on everything is back.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine does the exact same thing. Works perfectly otherwise. I first thought it might be something to do with heat, but it isn't. I parked in the shade with the windows open and did the same thing. Shut it down, turn it back on and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Poffey,

How old is yours? Mine is just a couple of months old. I did load the latest software update but I can't say for sure that it lost the signal before the update or not.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bought mine in Nov. of 05. Have used it without a hitch since then. I have installed all of the latest updates on it, mapping and software. I did not notice this problem before the updates, however. I haven't taken the time to call Lowrance about it. It is only when it is not moving that it does it. I have just been shutting it down if it is going to be sitting there for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts