GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Tulsa windshield and now I have to mount my Garmin 2730 so low on my J&A mount it covers the speedo (need to get to the security screw). This would be alright but when the GPS is removed Still can not see it through the mount. Has anyone came up with a hinge or somthing to solve this problem. If I could mount the unit high like my Street Pilot III and hinge it down to get to the screw
it would be great other wise good bye Tulsa.

Thank You!

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Are you using a 'knob-driver'? This is shorter and may provide the necessary clearance that would allow you to keep both your shield and the mounting position...

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll coordinate sending you one to try - if it doesn't work you can send it back.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Knob driver.

Yes I am using one but still with the +4 Tulsa in high position no room even to get it in their . The mount and windshield worked great until I upgraded the Garmin to the 2730. And no way am I changing out the dash mount the GPS is in the perfect place. BTW I am using the Garmin motocycle cradel with the plate supplied with the dash mount.

Thank you!

Doug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts