GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the full JM Bluetooth set-up on the wing (GL1800) 2 weeks ago. Here's my findings.

Installation took just over an hour, requiring the removal of the seat, left storage box, left faring pocket and enough of the faring to get your hand in there to route the cables.

Pairing was rather easy, just follow the instructions (I know not the manly thing to do just suck it up).

The headset works great when paired to my iPhone, iTouch and my wife's Samsung phone. Good quality sound and the voice commands on the iPhone & iTouch work just fine.

The Dongle5 is another matter. When the headset is paired to the dongle5 you get a lot of crackling, pops and clicks at low speed (anything under 60 mph). I contacted J&M about this and it's considered normal. once you get up to 70 the noise dies down quite a bit with just an occasional pop or click.

I'd recommend the headset for those that don't need the audio from your wing.

For those looking to go totally cable free I'm afraid that the Dongle5 just isn't there yet.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Ed-Sets is coming out with a really sweet one very soon, i'd have to say wait for that one, just my thoughts

·
Registered
584 Posts
I installed the full JM Bluetooth set-up on the wing (GL1800) 2 weeks ago. Here's my findings.

Installation took just over an hour, requiring the removal of the seat, left storage box, left faring pocket and enough of the faring to get your hand in there to route the cables.

Pairing was rather easy, just follow the instructions (I know not the manly thing to do just suck it up).

The headset works great when paired to my iPhone, iTouch and my wife's Samsung phone. Good quality sound and the voice commands on the iPhone & iTouch work just fine.

The Dongle5 is another matter. When the headset is paired to the dongle5 you get a lot of crackling, pops and clicks at low speed (anything under 60 mph). I contacted J&M about this and it's considered normal. once you get up to 70 the noise dies down quite a bit with just an occasional pop or click.

I'd recommend the headset for those that don't need the audio from your wing.

For those looking to go totally cable free I'm afraid that the Dongle5 just isn't there yet.

I have been running this setup for a couple months now, and I dont have any of the Crackling you talk about.. when i first got the system we had a couple problems but John and his crew are awsome to work with, they sent me out a new dongle and about a week later i had a problem with one headset that wouldnt do anything when you turned it on and pressed the pairing button for the 5 seconds

but since then the only problem i have is sometimes forgetting to plug the chargers in at night and get almost through the next day and the battery dies.. but im getting about 20 hours on each charge.

and use them with all the audio even the xm through my garmin 665 is great.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've had it on my bike for about a month now and I love it.
Not one problem as of yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts