GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

Just rode out to Tucson & had J&M install Bluetooth on my Bell SRT modular helmet. Pete helped me out and had the unit installed, paired with bike and on my way in a little over an hour. He was a huge help and the sound quality is great! I've had/tried multiple sena units, and I'm not here to slam them, but there is no comparison in the sound quality of the speakers. I ride solo 90% of the time, so the audio portion was my main concern.

Ride safe,
Pikester

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm waiting until WING DING to try out some sets: How does the "talk" feature work? and I had a wired set on my 05 wing, but with an 18' that's not an option (don't want to install the wired J&M Kit, etc...and I want carplay/phone to work). The sound was phenomenal vs. the other brands. I have a SENA set up now (10 in a bell 3/4 and a 20 for the wife) and the quality is only good enough for basic coms, audio stinks for music.

I've always had good luck with J&M (have their amp and speaker system on my 12' Road Glide and it will melt your ears!!)

Dundertaker

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am going to set up two helmets with the BT-04 for my wife and I. We like an open face helmet and would like to know what brand and model helmet works good. If anyone has any info please post. I think I will see what Honda does to fix my problems before I drop more money on the Gold Wing.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Hey everybody,

Just rode out to Tucson & had J&M install Bluetooth on my Bell SRT modular helmet. Pete helped me out and had the unit installed, paired with bike and on my way in a little over an hour. He was a huge help and the sound quality is great! I've had/tried multiple sena units, and I'm not here to slam them, but there is no comparison in the sound quality of the speakers. I ride solo 90% of the time, so the audio portion was my main concern.

Ride safe,
Pikester
Thank you, Pikester!!!
I have on order the J&M BT-04 and the Blue Hub. Retail these items are well over $1K, plus I have a brand new Shoei GT-Air waiting at my local Honda dealer, Freeport Honda/Kawasaki Freeport, IL. They are giving me a generous discount and I cannot wait to have them installed in my new Shoei. My fingers are crossed that I'll have the same experience as you have had.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I have a JM Corp BT-04 Elite Series Integrated Bluetooth Headset mounted in both my Schuberth C3 Pro and HJC IS-33 II helmets, and I am totally satisfied with the function, sound and customer service you receive with this product.

Reactions: gray red rider

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a JM Corp BT-04 Elite Series Integrated Bluetooth Headset mounted in both my Schuberth C3 Pro and HJC IS-33 II helmets, and I am totally satisfied with the function, sound and customer service you receive with this product.
Looking at J&M also, but how do you initiate an intercom call? Can you just talk into the mic?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Looking at J&M also, but how do you initiate an intercom call? Can you just talk into the mic?
I have no reason to use the intercom capability as I ride alone, so I can't answer your question. But if you give John a call at JM-Corp (1-800-358-0881) I am sure he will be happy to answer your question. John and his staff are great people to work with.

·
Registered
92 Posts
To make the intercom work you must push a button on either helmet. This will cut out the music and you can start your conversation after a short pause. Then when finished talking, push button again to resume music.
Wife didn't like it, she was spoiled from J&M wired set on old wing.

·
Registered
190 Posts
To make the intercom work you must push a button on either helmet. This will cut out the music and you can start your conversation after a short pause. Then when finished talking, push button again to resume music.
Wife didn't like it, she was spoiled from J&M wired set on old wing.
Doesn't the Cardo system use VOX with intercom always on? Is there a reason J&M does not. I really do not want to reach for my helmet to just say a few words.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts