GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is mainly for those that have a J&M BT04 Bluetooth headset along with xm radio. I posted about this earlier but I’ve checked a few more things to narrow down the issue. When my BT04 is turned on and connected to my bike, I completely lose the xm antenna reception. It is not a coincidence, this happens every time I turn them both on together. My wife’s headset is a Sena and there is no issue with it at all, turn it on and the xm reception isn’t affected in the least. I had a Sena 10S before the BT04 and it too worked well with the xm so here’s the question. Does anyone else with a J&M BT04 have a similar issue. The BT04 doesn’t play well with other headsets and J&M have pretty much told me there is nothing they can do about it. I would like to build some sort of case that I can bring to J&M. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I have a J&M BT04 Bluetooth headset along with xm radio and I do not lose XM reception. I have a 2019 DCT airbag. Could it be where your XM antenna is located?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Rrixx, I didnt realize it was you asking the question over on the FB group. As I said there I have a J&M BT04 Bluetooth headset along with xm radio and I do not lose XM reception.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I have not experienced the XM dropping due to headsets but trees, buildings and large trucks blocking signal gets aggravating so sometimes I switch to USB for music. Presently I have a pair of Fodsports headsets from Amazon on LS2 half helmets they seem to be like J&M BT03. The problem I have experienced with BT03 and the Fodsports was if I switched to intercom, I had to reset helmet headsets to get radio and other functions again. I now have a pair J&M BT04 on full helmets. I haven't tested them as my special passenger lives in Arizona. For solo riding the Fodsports are adequate for music, phone, voice commands or if you just want to talk to your passenger. They replaced mine but I received the replacements after my passenger went home and I haven't had time to test on my own. I liked the price. LS2 is well vented but runs a size bigger than all my other helmets. My previous 4 helmets were all XL (various brands). My passenger wears a medium on previous helmets but a small with LS2.

https://www.amazon.com/Fodsports-Mo...ords=fodsport&qid=1568076783&s=gateway&sr=8-1

·
15 year Member
6,899 Posts
RRIXX,
Matt here.... I have always had the “best result” using like products....

Sony TV, Sony remote
Samsung TV, Samsung remote

As far as bike comms go, you would be doing yourself a “disservice” mixing and matching brands then expecting them to work properly....

So you call J&M they blame Sena...

You call Sena and the blame J&M... won’t work bro.....

Save yourself some money and grief, heartache, heartburn, helplessness, and despair, bite the bullet and get the SAME wireless devices for you and your passenger

JMHO

Mattbcnv

1 - 6 of 6 Posts