GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, I can control my IPod and Blackberry with the handlebar controls. Thank you to J&M! However I am having problems with the set-up. Has anyone else with these devices had the same problems?

1. Following a cell call, the IPod music does not return. The IPod shows that it wants to be 'disconnected' - as if I am done synching with a laptop.

2. When starting the Wing, the IPod music will start automatically, but frequently quits after about 5 seconds. When I look at the IPod, it again wants to be disconnected.

Unsure if this is a IPBT problem or IPod problem. I'll attempt to borrow the wife's IPod or IPhone and see if the problem persists. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this before taking it up with J&M.

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
672 Posts
I just installed this yesterday. I haven't had any problems to speak of yet. However, I have noticed three things since I installed it:

1. Engine hum through the headset, whether the unit is being used or not.

2. White noise through headset, whether the unit is being used or not.

3. A small "pop" sound when I apply the brakes, whether the unit is being used or not.

These all point to a ground problem, in my mind. But the unit doesn't ground to anything. I'm at a loss.

G

·
just installed mine to day

So far, mine has been "nearly" flawless. Well let me re-phrase that. Let's say, it's been close enough that I don't want to be without it.

The only two issues I have are that the SD card/SD card interface doesn't work at all on mine. Might be the card I have. I didn't get one with the unit and wrote J&M to see if I was supposed to have one. A USB thumb drive didn't work either.

The second issue is that "my audio" while on the IPHONE isn't real clear, but I'm understood "so far." (I don't have the best

IPHONE music though, is perfect. For now, I guess I'll re-arrange the music on my IPHONE.

I LOVE the bluetooth interface. I like that the system announces the CID too.

I will say I've noticed "some noise" but not enough to care much about

1 - 3 of 3 Posts