GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
J&M GL1800 MP3 Digital Music Player, Changer, iPod, Aux for CD InputJMDM-IPAX-GL18
http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=43572&str=4

This is a new item listed in Direct Lines products but there are no reviews for it as of yet. Does anyone have one of these? I'm most curious to know if the music can be "randomly played" instead of "in order only as listed" as with most of these type players.

:?:

·
Registered
242 Posts
me too.... anybody:shrug:

dw

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
The SD side still locks up some I think. I believe TravelNLight was a Beta tester for this unit.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Had one.. It would lock up my radio.. Had to pull fuse or disconnect battery for a few minutes to get it to reset. '05.. Newer models might be better.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have had one on my 07 for 6-8 months, my riding buddy has one on his 06. We got them @ the same time. So far both have worked very well, no lock ups or problems. We both like ours and would buy again.
They do not play random, only option is to bump the thumb switch and move to the next song on the card. Songs are played in the order they are placed on your card. Also there is no stop or pause function, they just keep playing until you power them down by shutting off the bike, just switching from CD to another audio will not stop the unit.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Gunshot, I don't think I was "officially" a beta tester for the IPAX but I can say without question it would not operate as advertised on my 2004. Pre-2006 model wings seem to present a different set of issues than newer/later model wings. But to be fair, I tried other J&M mp3 players (not the IPAX) that were working fine on other pre-2006 bikes, however, on my bike, no joy.

I have since switched to this product:
http://bikemp3.com/GL1800-Digital-Music-Player-V3-HGW-IPD-V03.htm
and have had no issues at all. I am not sure the unit I am now using provides all the functionality you seek. The only requirement I had was to play mp3 music from an SD card and have the songs controlled from the handlebar switches; specifically, I wanted to change songs and change directories. I didn't care about an ipod interface or random play.

Good luck.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Ipod or iphone work the best get a ram mount plug and play.:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts