GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at J & M's clampless headset for my new Shoei Syncrotec. While I am a Chatterbox Dealer and like their headsets on my other helmets, I want the clampless headset with the professional installation of the J & M. They sell it $239 including installation and return shipping and I have to send my helmet to them.

Here is my question. Speaker placement is key for decent sound. Found that with the Chatterbox as once I took the time to build small foam enclosures and place them correctly, they sound great. So how does J & M know exactly where to place the speakers for the best sound. Yes, I plan on calling them but wondered if any of you have speakers installed by J & M or AirRider and wondering just how good the sound is based on the placement.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Howard,

Long time no see. Was hoping you were going to plan a trip to my house and say hello.

J&M, Sierra, Airrider, any of the headset people can only do a generic standard install on your helmet if you are not there with it. Some of those dealers supply an adjustment instruction with their completed work.

My suggestion to you, would be to coordinate with J&M, meet up with them at Americade, and have the installation done there on the spot. This way, there can be no error. or perception of poor performance.

Shoot you live close enough, might make a nice trip for you.

Bulldog

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bull Dog:

I'm flattered you remember me (grin). Well I left the board when the old one was getting "ugly" and during that time I started a new job which crimped my riding time as well as my board time. Should be alittle more active in both now.

Thanks for the info on the J & M. I will call them today and see what they say as well since I am sure most are not there for the install.

Best,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts