GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed my J&M MP3 player and the sound is not that loud. Plenty loud when I play music installed on my Garmin Zumo.
Is there an affordable amplifier to boost the sound or maybe some after market speakers.

·
Vendor
195 Posts
Because your cell phone or bluetooth enabled mp3 player has an independent volume control on it as well and you would need to make sure the volume is turned up on the source item, and then fine tune the volume from the bike controls. If the volume is low on a thumb drive, you may need to load the files into a media program on your computer and check your volume settings on those files. Try bluetooth linking a phone or mp3 player with the volume at a max setting and see if the volume is sufficient on that device.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Recently installed my J&M MP3 player and the sound is not that loud. Plenty loud when I play music installed on my Garmin Zumo.
The issue is you're comparing two different audio paths to get to where you're hearing this.

Is this with speakers, or headset?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's with speakers. I haven't tried playing music via blue-tooth with my phone so not sure if that is a volume problem or solution.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Which Model ??

Get a Grom it is made for Honda radios, beats the **** out of J&M!!!! https://gromaudio.com/ I run 4700 songs, 43 GBs, at 320 bit and can control the player through my CD port. The Goldwing radios are the same as the ones in a Honda Civic.

Which model ???? There appears to be many selections to choose... :shrug: :shrug:

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Which Model ??

Which model ???? There appears to be many selections to choose... ? ?
And what year GoldWing? The 2006 and up have updated stereos with 80 watt amps.

I have a J&M MP3 player. I think it's the first model, or for sure and early one. No Bluetooth. I put music on and SD card and it works great. It also has a thumb drive input but I've never tried that.

I'm sure J&M would help resolve the issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts