GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 gl1800 with a J & M mp3 player. It has worked great for the year that I have owned it. Last night I removed the SD card so I could add more songs. I reinstalled the SD card and all I get on the display is the track that last played on it and the minutes elapsed. I unplugged it and I even tried pulling the fuse, no help. I even tried a different SD card. Help!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
mp3 lock up

Since you have already tried pulling the fuse, all I can suggest is to make sure that the A-sel button on the radio is not stuck in due to road grit. That will lock up the mp3 player. After that try disconnecting the negative and positive battery cables for a few minutes, then reconnect and see what happens.

Good luck,
Kurt

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I had the exact same thing last week after adding some songs, tried the same things but didn't help. Finally I deleted all the files and put ever thing back on and it worked like new.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the advise. Srinehart, you got me on the right track. When I add song to my SD card I put all the song from the root into a file, apparently that doesn't work. I formatted the SD card add a few songs to the root and then I add songs to the files on the SD card. It's all good now! Thanks.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thw J&M player will only work IF there is at least 1 mp3 song file in the root directory. If no file there, player will NOT work. Also, make sure cd is selected as music source on bike!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts