GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE

Today I received a call from J&S Jacks addressing some questions I had relative to using the Goldwing Adaptor plate with the J&S jack and my 2018 DCT Tour.

J&S assured me they have lifted both the DCT and Manual 2018 with their Jack using the Goldwing Adaptor plate with no issues.

They also suggested a rearrangement of the nylon spacer / washers on the lift track to increase the spacing between the two lift arms.
(To better match the lift points on the 2018 on Goldwings)

I quickly followed their phone call suggestions and using the Goldwing adapter plate lifted my 2018 DCT Tour.

DETAILS ON SPACERS

Each lift arm with the rubber pad on them has two nylon spacer / washers. One on each side. If you place both spacer / washers on the same side you gain about 1/2 inch more space between the two lift arms. The added small about allows easier location of the rear and front lift arms on to the bottom of the Goldwing.

See Photos Attached

NOTE: I left the bike on the lift and will check it in a day or so for any small scratches as it was getting dark and the Florida hot wet weather pushed me to stop for the night ....

Attachments

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
I wonder how the PepSx stand will fit. If my El'Cheap-O Sears lift will safely raise it up to that level, then I may try to see if PepSx's stand fits. Good on you to experiment, but it does not look all that secure to me.

prs

·
Registered
271 Posts
I wonder how the PepSx stand will fit. If my El'Cheap-O Sears lift will safely raise it up to that level, then I may try to see if PepSx's stand fits. Good on you to experiment, but it does not look all that secure to me.

prs
I have no worries what so ever when my bike is on the J&S lift. I originally bought it for my HD Ultra Classic ten years ago because it was the best lift at the time and if they haven’t changed them since then I’m sure they are still one of the best.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
UPDATE

Today I received a call from J&S Jacks addressing some questions I had relative to using the Goldwing Adaptor plate with the J&S jack and my 2018 DCT Tour.

J&S assured me they have lifted both the DCT and Manual 2018 with their Jack using the Goldwing Adaptor plate with no issues.

They also suggested a rearrangement of the nylon spacer / washers on the lift track to increase the spacing between the two lift arms.
(To better match the lift points on the 2018 on Goldwings)

I quickly followed their phone call suggestions and using the Goldwing adapter plate lifted my 2018 DCT Tour.

DETAILS ON SPACERS

Each lift arm with the rubber pad on them has two nylon spacer / washers. One on each side. If you place both spacer / washers on the same side you gain about 1/2 inch more space between the two lift arms. The added small about allows easier location of the rear and front lift arms on to the bottom of the Goldwing.

See Photos Attached

NOTE: I left the bike on the lift and will check it in a day or so for any small scratches as it was getting dark and the Florida hot wet weather pushed me to stop for the night ....

Great info, Thanks.....I know what I'll be buying next

·
Registered
789 Posts
So what is your verdict ? Are you good with the adapter and the adjustments they had you make to the jack ? is your bike quite stable whenever you move it around while on the jack?

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wife worries that I should tie it down before I remove the wheels to install some items so ...... have not rocked the bike or moved it much. Florida weather and a non AC garage allows an hour or so before I am sweat soaked.

So far I am happy but have not yet done an oil change .... bought the J&S oil change plate but have not tried it yet ....

Cleaning bike wheels bike is about all I have done so far.

F11 is great to seal the surfaces from brake dust , florida bugs and mud ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts