GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a J & S motorcycle lift. I searched the threads and haven't found anyone talking about it yet. It's wider than the Craftsman and seems much sturdier, and the placement seems to be further back. I tried placing the back support under the centerstand pivot point, but that seems to make the back end heavy and off balance. I moved it back some, but was wondering if there would be any problem lifting from placing the lift further back. Also, their website shows someone sitting on a bike and actually sitting on the backseat. I'm not sure the Wing is quite that steady. It seems like a very sturdy lift, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

Steve

·
Registered
502 Posts
Motorcycle lift

I have a pitbull lift and the balance point is back runner just back of the hing on the center stand. This will put the hing between the last two runners. I keep my wing on the lift for the winter so I can move it around if need be. Also I hope that it will keep the mice out of it. I always wondered how stable the bike was and I got on the bike myself. I was amazed at how stable it was. The frt runners lay on the exhaust pipes there it a slider that takes up the height on the brake side to make it more stable. If you would like to see it go to www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com . It is a great lift I had a red craftsman before it was a good lift but not as stable. But also it was not as costly. Hope that this helps.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The J & S seems similar to the Pitbull in width and design. I think the more I use it the more confident I will be with it. Thanks for the response.

·
Vendor
18,121 Posts
I do all my own maintance and although I have the Craftsman m/c jack have never even used it. You won't even need it to replace the clutch when that time comes.

Personally, if I needed to raise a Wing off the floor like that, I would probably sling it from the rafters for about the same cost.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With all the "stuff" my wife has in the attic above the garage....thats not an option. I'm expecting the whole garage ceiling to collapse anytime. LOL! It's already a hardhat area and visitors have to sign a release.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts