GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When using a motorcycle jack like the Pit Bull to lift the trike where do you position it? Will it lift the entire trike or do you use another jack at the rear end?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
When using a motorcycle jack like the Pit Bull to lift the trike where do you position it? Will it lift the entire trike or do you use another jack at the rear end?

Thanks
Just so happens a couple of weeks ago I stopped by Pit Bull in Paris Tennessee, and spoke with them about this very thing.

I have a GL1800 with an 08 CSC conversion. I was told that if you still have your center stand, (as I do) then the Pit Bull lift can be used. The rear of the jack will go under the center stand, and the front of the jack would go under the engine block. If you have running boards, I was told the left running board would have to be removed.

He did not have a trike to demonstrate this on, and I was not on mine, but their jack is rated for 1500 pounds and I was told it could lift the trike with no problems.

I forgot to add that there is a special adapter that is required and it will add about $50.00 to the price of the jack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts