GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a place with a good selection of riding jackets. Any help?

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Cyclegear.com has a great selection and good prices.

Sent from my 16 core, dual 27 inch display workstation because I am screwing around instead of working.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Unfortunately there is not much profit in a dealer having a lot of jackets and stuff in stock. I know it is easier for the consumer, me, but most dealers just don't want to tie up money on stuff sitting on racks.

Now if you are near or in a big city, you may have a dealer that does stock stuff, and a couple come to mind such as Neihaus, Gene's Gallery, Iron Pony, and of course places like Wing Stuff, and Whitehorse Press, and other suppliers. But who lives close to these folks, Not me!

So if the chance permits, I will go to a big vendor show like Wing Ding, Americade, or something similar and shop there. I bought my present First Gear Kilimanjaro jacket at a winter show in DC. I used to spend a bundle at the old Rider Rallys! And of course you can shop online but then you have to be willing to deal with returns if you goof up the sizing on the order.

Fortunately right now I am pretty happy with my jackets and so forth, and helmets so I am not looking but I understand your concerns.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Jackets

I just bought a pair of riding pants from a guy off of here and he had a few nice jackets for sale and very reasonably priced/ If you want I could forward your name to him

Looking for a place with a good selection of riding jackets. Any help?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bobs cycle supply in Roseville MN. They should have the summer stuff out. You could call to see what they have on hand. Dr Mudspringers is still waiting for some of the new stuff to come in. If you can wait until the first weekend in May, Dr Mudspringers has there open house with some good buys.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses and places.

Just stumbled across Bob's Cycle Supply last night in a search. I think I'll check them out tomorrow.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Aerostich up in Duluth has a nice selection, plus it is a nice ride up jmop

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aerostich up in Duluth has a nice selection, plus it is a nice ride up jmop

Oh sure, I was up there last fall for a North Shore trip. Wish I would have known about it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never made it.
I looked at a Impala (and bought it) on the way up and after 2 hr. dealing with that and it's excitement we went back home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts