GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased and returned 4 jackets, Rev'It Voltiac Jacket and Olympia Xmoto2. I am 5-11" with short legs 29" inseam. I am overweight 238 lbs. I am barrel shaped with 48-49in chest. If I find size to fit chest the sleeves are too long (I have 26" sleeves). Any suggestions with finding a 4 season layered jacket that might fit would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The jackets I have been trying on are tight in chest, long in sleeve and tight in upper arm.
Looking for a more relaxed fit with shorter sleeves.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Like you, I am no pixie. We are approximately the same size, so finding a motorcycle style jacket that I like and that fits just doesn't happen very often. So, what I do is wear a Port Authority Men's Long Sleeve Challenger Basic Jacket. J354. It is suitable for all weather and is reasonably water resistant. I wash it and treat it with Nikwax products and it stays water repellent. In the colder months, I wear the Gerbings heated jacket liner and gloves with the jacket. I've been in some sub-thirty degree weather and been caught in frog choking rain with this combination and have done pretty well.

If I contemplate being in bad weather for long periods, I wear the Firstgear Jaunt Jacket with the armor removed from the shoulders and elbows. I have two of them in 3XL that work very well. I see by your location map that you are in a colder climate than I am and could probably benefit from the Firstgear Jaunt.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Rev'It has a distinctly 'European' cut, that is, designed for trimmer, leaner, (younger? LOL) torsos. Olympia, being an American company, less so.

Tourmaster (and sister company?) Cortech, and Joe Rocket seem be be designed for larger, more full-bodied North American physiques.

I too possess a more North American body shape, with larger chest and abdomen and shorter arms. In Tourmaster, I fit a men's Large. In Olympia, I take a men's X-Large, and had to have the sleeve length shortened by a tailor.

My suggestion is find any jacket that you like and fits your body, then you can have the sleeves tailored to fit. It is worth the money to have clothing tailored to fit to your exact requirements.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rev'It has a distinctly 'European' cut, that is, designed for trimmer, leaner, (younger? LOL) torsos. Olympia, being an American company, less so.

Tourmaster (and sister company?) Cortech, and Joe Rocket seem be be designed for larger, more full-bodied North American physiques.

I too possess a more North American body shape, with larger chest and abdomen and shorter arms. In Tourmaster, I fit a men's Large. In Olympia, I take a men's X-Large, and had to have the sleeve length shortened by a tailor.

My suggestion is find any jacket that you like and fits your body, then you can have the sleeves tailored to fit. It is worth the money to have clothing tailored to fit to your exact requirements.

Good luck.
I had thoughts of getting sleeves adjusted but was concerned with water leaking where alteration was done. This isn't a worry?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I had thoughts of getting sleeves adjusted but was concerned with water leaking where alteration was done. This isn't a worry?

Not a worry to me. The tailor cuts at the end of the sleeves. Waterproofness has not changed in my opinion.

Tim

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Jacket

I have purchased and returned 4 jackets, Rev'It Voltiac Jacket and Olympia Xmoto2. I am 5-11" with short legs 29" inseam. I am overweight 238 lbs. I am barrel shaped with 48-49in chest. If I find size to fit chest the sleeves are too long (I have 26" sleeves). Any suggestions with finding a 4 season layered jacket that might fit would be appreciated.
Motoport will make a jacket any size you need. Send them your measurements and some money and they will send you a jacket with all the liners you want. You also have a choice with them of different material. They will make the jacket out of mesh kevlar, stretch kevlar or cordura nylon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your description sound like mine. I found a Revit jacket that fits very well. I have a harder time finding pants.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts