GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
#1 would have to be the Pit Bull in regular lifts. The Handi Lift #1 in table lifts.

Not to say there aren't others that work, some quite well, but you did say "of choice"

Regular lift and table lift each has its pros and cons as well, depending on what you're doing to the bike. You'll get lots of opinions....stay tuned

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
twinsbampy said:
What is the bike lift of choice for lifting the GL1800? :?
Thats like asking "what is the oil of choice for the GL1800" or "what is the tire of choice for a GL1800?" But the problem is, if you find a lift you think will work and ask "does anyone know of any problems with the ACME 5000 lift" you'll get nothing but responses telling you about other lifts.

Okay, I'll shutup now. I have the Sears lift and it works great for all my bikes including the GL.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Sears lift like the one holding up the trike above. Fred H. says the bolts are week. If you care, strong replacement bolts would be pretty cheap.

·
Registered
128 Posts
mine wont fit

I picked up an aluminum ATV jack from Sears. It’s rated at 1500 lb and it easily fits under the GL1800 without any boards. I have only jacked it up and lowered it right back down just to check the jack.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product. ... Cookie=Yes
I have the same Sears Jack however the ;underside of he GL1800 is not flfat.... also there are two exhaust pipes that should not be lifted with and yes I am scared to lay it down.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
PitBull Dyna :thumbup:.

P

·
0 Posts
Pitbull is my jack of choice. There are other less costly options, but I prefer the stability and strength of this lift. Well worth the $

·
Registered
760 Posts
J&S jacks.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I wish I would have thought to take a picture last summer when I jacked up the goldwing on the shoulder of the highway with my pitbull to change a flat. I'll wager no one ever has seen a goldwing jacked 2ft off the pavement before or since. Would you Sears jack guys trust the wing up in the air on the side of the highway with no straps? I love my pitbull.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I wish I would have thought to take a picture last summer when I jacked up the goldwing on the shoulder of the highway with my pitbull to change a flat. I'll wager no one ever has seen a goldwing jacked 2ft off the pavement before or since. Would you Sears jack guys trust the wing up in the air on the side of the highway with no straps? I love my pitbull.

So you carry the pitbull on your bike?
Sorry, couldn't resist:?

·
Vendor
17,829 Posts
I use the Sear's Jack also.

That's the one I like too. I pull motors with that one with the bike on the center stand. However, most of the time all I want it the fron tire off the ground and don't use a jack at all for that.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
I guess, if you are replacing the rear shock this would be needed. I have ~73000 miles on my '06, and have yet to jack it other than using a small floor jack to lift the front for a front wheel change (just pivoted on the center stand). What is everyone lifting their wings for?

Sent from my LePanII

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got mine from Tractor Supply, it's very well made, and I've had my wing on it dozens of times, always solid, reliable and predictable when jacking and lowering. Not even sure the make, might have been Craftsman, not sure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts