GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Home from this weekend's RTE. Made a quick trip to Billy's Hamburger joint in Jackson, WY. Pretty good hamburgers.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Darn, I am on a diet.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Been there, done that, I gotta agree!!!

That "Rocky Mountain Pizza" joint is pretty darn good too.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back in the early 70s I ski bummed for several years at Alta and Snowbird, while there I explored most of Utah, loved living there but I had to grow up and get a real job. Since that time I had only been back to St.George, SLC, driven/rode through via the I-15 and I-80 and made an aborted trip to SLC for the 1088 (ran out of time and turned around in Hurricane).

This weekend was the first time in a long time visiting some of the back roads, and a Interstate or two :). All I can say is over the years I had forgotten just how beautiful Utah is. The run up the back side (east) of the Wasatch is a great ride. For Interstate lovers, or haters for that matter, I-70 from Salina to Green River is one of the best roads I've been on in awhile, with connected high speed sweepers, little traffic, and great views from high alpine to surreal red rock. The road out of Vernal north through Flaming Gorge is spectacular. I'm already thinking of another RTE, this time with a Utah theme.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
The best burger I have had for some time is at the Sunshine Cafe, Waverley, South Taranaki, New Zealand. :22yikes: :thumbup: It is worth the ride for a great burger and a coffee.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The best burger I have had for some time is at the Sunshine Cafe, Waverley, South Taranaki, New Zealand. :22yikes: :thumbup: It is worth the ride for a great burger and a coffee.
Now that would be a great RTE.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Back in the early 70s I ski bummed for several years at Alta and Snowbird, while there I explored most of Utah, loved living there but I had to grow up and get a real job.
I got out of the Air Force back in the 70s and moved to Aspen to become a professional ski bum. Worked security from 3 p.m. to midnight, slept in till 9 or 10 got up and skied the rest of the day. Partied in Aspen on the weekends (and well, during the week too!) Then, like you, I had to grow up and get a real job.....

Nice RTE though...
How about letting the rest of us know next time so we can join you??

I'm up for that ride!!!
Been wanting to get down to see Edwin and Janet anyway so that sounds like a good excuse!!

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got out of the Air Force back in the 70s and moved to Aspen to become a professional ski bum. Worked security from 3 p.m. to midnight, slept in till 9 or 10 got up and skied the rest of the day. Partied in Aspen on the weekends (and well, during the week too!) Then, like you, I had to grow up and get a real job.....

Nice RTE though...
How about letting the rest of us know next time so we can join you??

When I left the house I wasn't sure to where, just knew I was meeting friends for a hamburger. Could 've been Sturgis or anyplace west of there, ended up being Jackson.

I flight instructed on weekends and the summer and skied week days, I didn't miss much working weekends, SLC in the 70s wasn't Aspen :).

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Four of us connected up in Grand Junction and rode to Jackson, WY for a Billy's Hamburger, Jeff and I on Wings, Ken and Mary on HDs. Jeff just sent a couple of photos.

Mary really sets the HD well, some day she will go ATGATT and it will be a sad day for us DOM :).

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Great photo, sounds like a great burger-run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts