GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I will be heading down(driving....not Wing :( ) to go on our Cruise On Feb 4th.

We will be going thru Jacksonville on Fri, Feb 2nd around 4:00pm.

Now we have taken 95 straight thru and 295 around Jacksonville before but looking on the map I noticed a 9A that also "seems" to go around but it looks like it turns into a two lane road and is not complete yet.
Anybody know if that would be a better way around Jacksonville :?:

Gonna pick up some wine in St Augustine on the way down and after the
Cruise head over to Gulf side for a week of visiting(Invertness area).

Thanks for any help.

Dave

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
9A is almost complete and will be a loop around Jacksonville. It is all 4 lane limited access except one red light at 9A and Butler Blvd. Even with this red light it is faster than taking I-295 around the west side of Jacksonville

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Snoppy

Thanks for the quick reply !
We'll give it a try and see what happens.
Again thanks.

Dave Davis

G

·
0 Posts
He is right. 9-A is done except for 1 red light and it is for the most part open and new road. You will be passing right by me, first county when you enter Florida. Good luck with the cruise, hope you have a good time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
While I agree that the 9a route is better than going through on 95, and consideralbly shorter than going around West on 295,, I must say at 4:00 PM on a Friday, there is no good way around Jax.. That one light may have a backup at that time of day and if you get behind schedule, it WILL have a backup around 5:00 PM.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just and update on 9A.
We left later than I wanted so we arrived at that stoplight on 9A around 6:30pm Fri night.

Had a few cars in front of us,no problem what so ever, but I don't think I would try it at rush hour but than again I'm on vacation so in no hurry anyway.

The speed limit has to be only a suggestion because I did 75mph all the way down and was the slowest truck out there......and is there anyone in Canada this weekend ??! :lol:
Every three cars that pasted me were from that Northern country and there were alot of cars that passed me.

Anyway.
Get on board(Explorer of the Seas) tomorrow(Sunday) if all goes well.

Again , thanks.

Dave 8)

ps
only seen 2 Wings , 1 HD and 2 crotch rockets on the way down from Va.....and it's rained the whole way.
Got to remember "BoatDrinks".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts