GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today PGR had a mission in Jacksonville Fl, when we got to 750 bikes we quit counting but estimate there to be 1000 bikes of all types. After the funeral and on the route to the cemetery distance of approx 8 miles people lined the streets and either had their hands on their heart or giving a salute as the body came by.

I know I had a large lump in my throat almost the whole time that this many people would take time out of their veterans day activity to honor someone they did not know. Flags line the street down both sides to the end of the block and around the corner. You know that this family was touched by this show of support.

Proud to call Jacksonville my home and proud to be an American

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I was supposed to go on this mission but I had to work until 11 am and never would have made it up in time. I figured there would be a good turnout, but never would have bet on 1000 bikes. Well done.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I was there in that huge group of bikes, My chapter of the Blue Knights came up.

It was quite an eye opener for me. The first time I'd been to a Patriot Guard mission. They ran a tight ship and had things well in hand. Hats off to those fine folks. I was astounded at the number of people and bikes that were there. I think I need to join up.

Snoop...wish I could have met ya there, guess I'll have to wait until next Saturday on the Two Egg run.

Dep

1 - 3 of 3 Posts