GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The judge gave Janklow 100 days jail time for killing the motorcyclist.
Of course, he gets to leave jail during the day for "community service".
I, for one, am tired of double standards for politicians, movie stars, and professional athletes. This judge is a disgrace to the judicial system.

:yw1:

G

·
0 Posts
If it would have been me ( average joe ) I would have gotten 30 years in the clink

·
Registered
73 Posts
That is really a shame! Stupid Judge!:cus:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
No ****, Tom. Absolutely sucks! If I got caught stealing hub caps off of 1980 plymouth van, I would get 1 - 3 years in the State Pen.

God Bless America, and may she protect her politicians from all mortal punishment!

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
this is an outrage, I'm going to run for Govenor of NYS, you can get away with anything, ask Teddy Kennedy

I'll bet he still has his licence to!!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Jackalope

:evil: It just figures what a great judicial system we have. I hope he is in a cell with Buba and he drops the soap, it wont happen though the jail he is going to I will bet is like summer camp when you were a kid. :cry: :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

·
Registered
71 Posts
It may seem like a light sentence but in looking over many such accidents over the past 3 years it was found that most received no conviction and if they did it was only probation. Plus I don't think he gets out of jail to do his community service. As one who agrees with the conviction I think it was probably a much bigger sentence that he lost his House seat and can no longer serve in anyway. Had to be a big blow to his eggo. The Rep. from TN who killed a biker had the hywy named after him. Even the biker that was riding with the biker that got killed didn't feel Janklow should go to jail. We all to often spout off about what shold be without knowing all the facts. Main fact is a man is dead....another fact is two families will never be the same.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
this isone of the reasons i dont watch the news and generaly dont car about thungs in general.

because so many things are wrong and unfair

and i cant do anything about them but get mad

so i deal with it by ignoreing them

this crap is incorrect, not because the fella was a biker, because he was a human

loren

·
Registered
553 Posts
100 days

:evil: the jerk is just another o.j. the judge was another lance ito..all a joke on us..this is why we need a proffesional jury system.they wouldnt feel sorry or fall in love with the losers that commit crimes..it doesnt take long to find out what major liars and manipulators the defense lawyers are....been to court,seen all of the misjustice in our system..abolish bleeding heart do gooders.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Jackalope

:evil: Sorry I dont feel a bit sorry for Jackalope or his family, he got off real easy,I do however feel sorry for the poor guy he killed and his family due to Mr. Jackalopes poor driving skills. Can anyone say OJ here. But in the end I think he will get what is coming to him, maybe a drunk driver will hit him and take him out and live to tell about it now that would be true justice. :evil: :sw1: :sw1: :sw1: I would just bet the drunk driver would get a lot more then 100 days in summer camp. Unless its Ted Kennedy that hits him of coarse.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not enough

I don't care what anybody thinks, his sentence is not justice, and it goes beyond this horrible accident. Our justice system needs to be tightened up and people need to be made accountable. OK....I vented....everybody take care.

Maddog
02 Silver
VN 68-69 Hue, An Hoa, Phu Bai, Danang & on & on & on....

http://ila2.net

G

·
0 Posts
KennyJB said:
It may seem like a light sentence but in looking over many such accidents over the past 3 years it was found that most received no conviction and if they did it was only probation. Plus I don't think he gets out of jail to do his community service. As one who agrees with the conviction I think it was probably a much bigger sentence that he lost his House seat and can no longer serve in anyway. Had to be a big blow to his eggo. The Rep. from TN who killed a biker had the hywy named after him. Even the biker that was riding with the biker that got killed didn't feel Janklow should go to jail. We all to often spout off about what shold be without knowing all the facts. Main fact is a man is dead....another fact is two families will never be the same.
if it was Janklow's first driving offense maybe, however he has had over a dozen speed convictions...it caught with him finally in a lethal way. He may have lost his position but a family lost a loved one. I feel he should do some hard time .

·
Registered
613 Posts
Have to agree with Javern...

The guy should have gotten WAY MORE! And jail ain't it! The judge should be serving time right along with him for that lame sentencing. I guess if you want to kill someone by getting drunk and running them down, make sure you do it in South Dakota. Then, at least the defense attorney will be able to cite this case as a reason to let you off easy.
The whole thing stinks like a butt that ain't been washed in days!
:evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
stay tuned

BY PATRICK LALLEY, JON WALKER AND DAVID KRANZ
Argus Leader

published: 1/22/2004

FLANDREAU

Steele could have given Janklow up to 10 years in the state prison and a $10,000 fine for the felony charge.

But South Dakota does not have mandatory minimum sentences, meaning judges have wide latitude in handing out punishment. A judge takes into consideration a defendant's past record, life history and the testimony of family and supporters during sentencing. Victim's families are also given a chance to speak during sentencing or submit their comments to the judge.

Janklow has appealed his conviction. Earlier this month, Steele rejected a motion to overturn the jury's decision. Next month, Steele will hear another motion from Janklow's lawyers asking for a new trial.

It ain't over yet folks

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'd give him a new trial ! The Judge should be right along side him !

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After 30 days behind bars, Janklow will be allowed to leave jail during the day for up to 10 hours to perform community service. After he completes his jail term, he will be on probation for three years, during which he will not be allowed to drive.

Taken from the article written in Flandreau, SD.

I didn't make it up.

:yw1:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts