GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in 500 miles yesterday. Went down and rode the Texas Hill country. Was a nasty 77 degrees at one time.
Left the house this a.m., 71 degrees. Hit a cold front dropped the temp to 46 and great deal of rain. Only got about 300 today.
Guess this makes up for the 110 degree July and August's.
Ride safe,

·
Registered
37 Posts
You must have been one of those wings I passed, I was there also over the weekend, Had lunch at the apple place.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Heading out that way next sunday...going down to the coast first (corpus christi area), then to mcallen/mission/mex...then the hill country and work our way west to big bend. This is how we will be traveling this trip (pic below). If anyone see's us...give a shout...!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trip

It was great and we did see a lot of bikes. Had lunch at Cooper's in Llano. Had the biggest porkchop I have ever seen. Weighed in at over a pound. Good place to graze.
Ride fast.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think we must have taken the same trip, we also had lunch at Cooper's in Llano. I was very dispointed, the food was tough and not very good. There were people sitting in front of us also that stated the last few times they have been there it keeps going down hill. There is a BBQ place on 281 in stevenville on the way home (Weatherford) called Hard 8 and it has the same kinda of lay out as coopers but MAN you sould try it!!!!

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Traveler said:
This is how we will be traveling this trip (pic below).
Hmmm... I tried to see if I could get your image to show and I couldn't display it from webshots either. Try saving a copy on BigBikeRiders and display it from there.

P.S. Are you taking your Wing? No ATVs this trip? Anyway, I hope you have a good trip. :s27:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Okay, Bob and Traveler. I copied the url from Travelers red x, pasted it in the address line, saw the pic, and when I came back both pix were posted. Aren't puters great? :D

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Lucky Phil said:
... both pix were posted. Aren't puters great? :D
Phil... If you want to know, they drive me CRAZY!!

I did the same copy/paste as you to see the picture, but the pic still wouldn't display embedded in this topic. At least it wouldn't for me.

I thought perhaps it was a restriction of the web site.

OK... I just tried it your way and it worked as you said. (Previously, I had switched to another browser to see the pic)

They STILL drive me CRAZY!! :D

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I got up this A.M. and my wireless, digital thermometer read -26 degrees. There is also about a foot of drifted snow in the driveway.

Thought I'd brighten up the day for all my southern Wing brothers (and sisters) :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts