GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride to the Rock Store in Malibu Canyon today. Ran into Jay Leno on one of his old bikes, he seems like a pretty nice guy. Here is a picture of him, my wife and one of her friends.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
So Cal WING said:
Bob, How did you do that? What did i do wrong.
Go to the site with the image. With Netscape I right click on the image and left click on 'view image'. Then, with just the image you want on the screen, copy the URL and use that.

With Internet Explorer I right click on the picture and left click on 'properties'. Highlight the URL and copy it.

Good Luck

S

·
0 Posts
Pretty Neat!

I remember visiting the Rock Store before someone bought it and opened it up for business back in the early 70's. Even then there were bikes galore on a Sunday afternoon.

Looking at the pic sure brings back memories and shows me someone has really taken time to set the place up nicely.

Riding the canyons sure was fun on my 500/4 fully ported and polished with 4 into 1.

Nice pics of Leno and your lady! 8)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Steve...!
Great pic....
We also met Jay up @ Necomb Ranch ( Bike & Car hang out, similiar to Rock Store) vic, N/O La Canada) two years ago !
www.pashnit.com
Jay was driving a 29 Bentley Racer. showing us how he & his UK mechanic had installed a turbo !
Jay is pretty cool.
Thanks for sharing your pic ! :bow:
Mac :rw1:

·
Registered
700 Posts
The bike in the photo is not the Orange County Chopper replica, but the original that Jay had Orange County Choppers use as their reference. I wish I could remember what the bike is since I watched the Tonight Show where Orange County Choppers presented their bike to Jay.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Steve, thank's for posting the pics. i grew up in the S.F.V. (Van Nuys) & bought my 1st motorcycle from Bud Ekins motors on Ventura Blvd. in 1959, a '55 500cc Matchless single. Really enjoyed riding the canyons,Malibu, Latigo, Topanga,Mulholand Dr. ,et al. A lot of good memories. 8)
Met & rode with some folks who later became pretty well known from spending a little time @ Ekins place,Steve McQueen was one, Dan Gurney,Roger Hull were others. They were just regular people who enjoyed riding motorcycles. Glad to see Mr. Leno seems to be 1 of them.
Have been back to the "left coast" several times & always enjoy riding in Ca..
I'm not sure, but i think the motorcycle in the pics is a NSU, maybe late '30s
Dave Cassidy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts