GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fried the alternator brushes while on a business trip in So. Cal. this week. A big THANKS to John at JBJ who diagnosed the problem over the phone and was able to make the repairs the same day. Also have to give a shout out to Joe @ LA Motorcycle Towing (877) 769-5959 for picking me up, delivering me to the office and getting the bike to JBJ Cycles in a timely manner. If you're ever stranded in LA, don't hesitate to use either of these businesses.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

·
Registered
20,956 Posts
I'm guessing maybe the one in his sig line. :shrug:
If 154,000 is anywhere near accurate I am kinda surprised the brushes were shot, had mine rebuilt at 175,000 and those brushes could have easily gone well beyond 200,000 ,but the bearings were making noise at startup sometimes ,that was the reason for having it rebuilt

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
Kudos to JBJ...have always heard good things about them!

Now, off to a tangent...

What year bike and how many miles
I'm guessing maybe the one in his sig line. :shrug:
For those that read this forum on a computer exclusively, sig lines are not shown using programs like Tapatalk on a tablet or a phone. :roll:

Now, back on subject.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I concur about JBJ. I was stranded down there on my brother-in-law's Wing about 6 years ago with an electrical issue. Went to a dealership and they told me they didn't work on bikes over 10 years old - something I'd never heard from a dealer before and still have trouble wrapping my mind around. The guy at the desk also told me he had no idea where I should go, but fortunately I ran into someone on the lot who suggested JBJ. They got me in right away and fixed things quick. They have (had?) sort of a lunch counter where you can sit and watch them work on it. He not only fixed my electrical problem but spent some of his own time fussing around with a couple of other small things that bugged him.

No question that's where I'd go if I ever need help down there again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I used JBJ for 10 years. They were the only mechanics allowed to touch my bike., and I had to drive 2 1/2 to 3 hours each way to let them work on it. John rocks!!
They really know how to treat people.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I used JBJ for 10 years. They were the only mechanics allowed to touch my bike., and I had to drive 2 1/2 to 3 hours each way to let them work on it. John rocks!!
They really know how to treat people.
+1

JBJ has customers from all over the western states who enjoy a "road trip" when it's time for maintenance or other work.
Last time I was there, they were on the phone with a customer from SLC who was coming down the next week - and the bike they just finished belonged to a guy who'd come out from PHX.

Nothing like a good excuse to ride!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
541 Posts
I would be one of those customers that takes a road trip for service..(other then oil changes)... about 250 miles from me.. but I've made the trek easily. John did my Traxxion suspension, and a full service about 10,000 miles ago... so I'll be getting over there in about another 10000... a year or so. Great people, the guy is a GoldWing Guru... you can't go wrong. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't been to JBJ Cycles in a couple of years. My past experience with them, was excellent! I dealt with both, Mike and John. both were great to deal with. Now I see they have an manager named, Matt? I do not recall him, at all. It appears John is still there, but I hear nothing about Mike. I get the feeling, things may have changed there? Does anyone know about this? Sure would appreciate some feedback. They are not close to me, but they were worth it, before.

Thanks!

Eddie

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I've never been there, but have heard good things. I know, or rather I should say that I heard that they had closed their doors, but then something transpired and they are now either once again -or- they are still open for business apparently.

From their current Facebook Page: "JBJ Cycles will be having a garage sale and BBQ on April 30. Come by for some free BBQ and look through our huge inventory of Goldwing parts all for sale at garage sale prices!!!"

FWIW:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jbjcycles/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts