GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night at 9 pm, Jim was in excruciating pain. Since a 5 block trip to the hospital in an ambulance costs $200, Jim preferred to go by car. He had to drape his hands around my neck while I carried him on my back. He was in terrible pain and the pain killers were doing nothing to help. We got to the ER in 5 minutes and they pulled him out of the back seat and into a wheelchair. You know emergency rooms. It took 20 minutes or so just to get paperwork going and Jim was trembling from the pain while sitting in the chair. His wife and I were there with him with our hands on his shoulders. The trembling subsided slowly and he was wheeled back into the waiting room. I returned home to wait for my wife. We went back to the ER and Jim was doing better. I returned home to get his pain killers and returned 10 minutes later to find him smiling and with no pain. He got up, walked around, signed out, went home, watched Law and Order, went to bed and slept for the first time in 2 1/2 days. He is up now and feeling great except for a little numbness. We all went out to a Mel Gibson :shock: movie today and after a doctor's appointment tomorrow, he hopes to be on the road to Daytona. Please keep him in your prayers.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I hope he does much better in coming hours, days, weeks, months and years.

I hope the worst was the last night's experience and it'll never happen again.

He's in our prayers.

Jim & Charlotte Davis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts