GL1800Riders Forums banner

JJ's beloved Trike and trailer for sale

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Lucky Phil 
#1 ·
Anyone interested in a super deal on a trike? I am moving overseas and am selling at a very good price. See 2005 Champion trike in for sale section.

JJ

G
#2 ·
JJ,

What do you mean, "I am moving overseas"? Did you get called back to active duty? Should I be concerned I will be called up?

I'd better go clean my rifle and dig my uniforms out of the attic. Of course they probably won't fit :wink:

Don aka Beastie

#3 ·
moving O/S

Hi Don,

Yep! I am heading for the unknown, before I have to get out my old uniform. :lol: Need a change of scenery and thought I would give Thailand a try. Who knows, I may be back in a month or never. Sold my trike in an hour. Not surprising as I gave it away, but I didn't want to get stuck with it. I am liquidating and gettin the hell out of Dodge. Will depart for Thailand mid January. Gonna really miss the trike. I checked into shipping it to Thailand and just the import taxes alone were over 25k. I will initially get me a small bike to putt around when I get there. I have read driving over there is hazardous to your health. I will probably end up in a City called Chaing Mai in the north of Thailand, near Burma, Laos, and the Golden Triangle. Apparenty, some of the best motorcycle riding in the world is in Northern Thailand. Lot of mountains, back roads, dirt riding and ATV riding. There are many, many different 4 or 5 day rides you can so on and see all sorts of terrain, mountains, valleys, waterfalls, villages and small towns. A good dinner is $2. Hotels can range from the absurdley cheap to absurdley expensive. Can get nice hotels for $20 a night including taxes, VAT and full breakfast. Am looking forward to a lot of good food and hot honey's. :) Will keep in touch.

JJ :)

G
#5 ·
Re: moving O/S

JJ said:
Hi Don,

Yep! I am heading for the unknown, before I have to get out my old uniform. :lol: Need a change of scenery and thought I would give Thailand a try. Who knows, I may be back in a month or never. Sold my trike in an hour. Not surprising as I gave it away, but I didn't want to get stuck with it. I am liquidating and gettin the hell out of Dodge. Will depart for Thailand mid January. Gonna really miss the trike. I checked into shipping it to Thailand and just the import taxes alone were over 25k. I will initially get me a small bike to putt around when I get there. I have read driving over there is hazardous to your health. I will probably end up in a City called Chaing Mai in the north of Thailand, near Burma, Laos, and the Golden Triangle. Apparenty, some of the best motorcycle riding in the world is in Northern Thailand. Lot of mountains, back roads, dirt riding and ATV riding. There are many, many different 4 or 5 day rides you can so on and see all sorts of terrain, mountains, valleys, waterfalls, villages and small towns. A good dinner is $2. Hotels can range from the absurdley cheap to absurdley expensive. Can get nice hotels for $20 a night including taxes, VAT and full breakfast. Am looking forward to a lot of good food and hot honey's. :) Will keep in touch.

"Hot Honey's" :roll:

If you do come back home, you could come back with something you didn't leave with, and it won't be a motorcycle. :lol:

Have a good trip.

#8 ·
Re: moving O/S

JJ said:
Hi Don,

1 - 600cc is a BIG BIKE in Thailand
2 - Driving is hazardous, riding a bike is nearly suicidal. The mini-truckers are juiced up and will take anything out when they finally fall asleep.
3 - Dirt riding and ATV means the roads aren't really roads
4 - A good dinner is anything that doesn't make you sick
5 - Chang Mai is a beautiful city. Close enough to the Golden Triangle to also get you in trouble if they decide they don't like you.
6 - Thailand in January is ramp-up to Monsoon season
7 - Ladyboys, HIV, and ...

You've been to Thailand more than once before deciding to move there, you've visited Chang Mai and found housing, you've driven the left-hand roads, you've seen the never-ending Buddha shrines on the side of the roads (signifies a road fatality - honk to scare the spirits from following you), you've been to the night clubs (and brothels) and are ready for #7. You don't have objections to settling a traffic ticket with the officer(s) who pulled you over (if you are obviously expat, i.e., white or black, they will start in on you until they get their share). Then you should be OK

My In-Law's are in Koen Khen, and one sister-in-law (her favorite sister) is in Chang Mai. They come here more often than I go there...

#9 ·
I've been to Vietnam once. The scenery was mostly okay, except for the run down towns with the people squatting in the streets. The streets in the towns were usually in poor shape, but the highways were really nice (I was in the engineers, and we were building them). Did I mention that we used Illinois' method of building the highways? :lol: (Yeah, I know they don't have the freeze/thaw problem we have here).

I saw on tv that a lot of Americans are moving to Mexico to retire (west coast) and it isn't costing them an arm and a leg. Maybe Thailand will be the same in the future, who knows. I get more tired of this snow business every year, and think of moving somewhere else when I retire. Then Rastoff posts pictures of it snowing in So. CA with temps at 16*, when the temp here is in the low 30's, and I'm thinking...now where?

I hope it works out for you JJ. Have a good trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.