GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use or have experience with the Handlebar Mounted JMB2003 CB Radio with the intercom and music input? I would like to hear how they have worked out for you (reliability) and the installations, antenna mounts & music inputs each might be using? Considering putting one on this little Honda PC800 I just picked up.:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
350 Posts
A few years ago I had one on an FJR1300 and it worked well. I used the aux input in conjunction with some Kennedy gear to get my GPS/Radar/XM into the thing.

Install was straight forward. CB seemed a little weak, like did not have the distance I thought it should but that was probably just antenna tuning.

I would not do it again but only because I have no use for a CB.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
My wife and I both had these before I got the GW. My wife still has hers on her VTX 1300R. They are the next best thing to a Honda GW radio there is out there. Its funny, we tell new members that come into our Chapter that if they want to have a CB this is the very best and really only way to go trouble free. But, no..almost everytime they come back with some portable CB ziptied to the bike and then no one can hear them and they come back with some huge truck antenna welded on somewhere or the wife holds the antenna over her head and no one can understant them and then finally they scrap all of that and get what we told them in the first place, the J & M system. As you probably know, one model gives you an intercom system that works great. My wife has Xm satellite radio piped through hers and it works great. It is a very good system and is trouble free. Just make sure you put the fiber and metal washers in the correct order on the antenna, because that does make a difference! You cant go wrong with this system, weve had ours for 5 or 6 years...no problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I put the J&M sytem on my wifes VTX1800C on the recommendation of Jbosey and couldn,t be happier, it is as close to the GW system as you can get I believe. Like others I tried other systems with little success and was never satisfied until I put this system on the bike.

Later
Ben

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I have a version of Mic-Mutes especially for the DU version of the J&M unit.
The intercom works very well with Mic-Mutes installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts