GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
20,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again you heard it from me first:)
Font Screenshot Publication Advertising Event

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The blowback on this particular venture from the upstart EWMA fanboys (a/k/a "founding members") on social media has been swift, and vicious since its posting. The indictments extol a narrative that Wing'D is just a money-grubbing "for profit" venture doing nothing more than advertising for pecuniary gain with no interest in having FUN, FUN, FUN (that's the new byline for GWRRA V.2). This should be interesting. Cannot wait for the excoriation soon to follow.

·
Super Moderator
9,287 Posts
Again you heard it from me first:)
View attachment 405784
LOL! I joined over a week ago. :D I also joined "the other group" and am an official founding member and fanboy.

They don't appear to me mutually exclusive to me and I like that Wing'd Rider is Gold Wing focused. I think our GWRRA Chapters and Districts will continue in EWMA. We'll see how it goes. (y)

EDIT: I don't get the "JLC". Did you mean "JMC" for J&M Corporation? Or "JL" for John Lazzeroni?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Reminds me of our political climate, no longer existing among each other but two groups fighting for every crumb. Ridiculous.

great quote…On May 1, 1992, Rodney King said, "People, I just want to say, can't we all get along? Can't we all get along?"

·
Registered
20,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL! I joined over a week ago. :D I also joined "the other group" and am an official founding member and fanboy.

They don't appear to me mutually exclusive to me and I like that Wing'd Rider is Gold Wing focused. I think our GWRRA Chapters and Districts will continue in EWMA. We'll see how it goes. (y)

EDIT: I don't get the "JLC". Did you mean "JMC" for J&M Corporation? Or "JL" for John Lazzeroni?
Yes I meant JMC. I will join both. I think both are out of AZ. John has a rally planned already for next year somewhere in IL & a magazine for September. My money is JMC will make it as a "riding club"

·
Registered
2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
777 Posts
If I got this right, we now have three Gold Wing focused organizations:

1) Gold Wing Touring Assoc. (GWTA)
2) American Gold Wing Assoc (AGWA)
3) Wing'd Riders

and one general motorcycle association that will have a lot of Gold Wing owners

A) Eagle Wing Motorcycle Assoc (EWMA).

Kinda like there are four major Gold Wing forums (not to mention countless social media groups)

In my opinion, that is just sad :confused: ... really wish they (the folks leading those groups) would take the effort to find common ground for the Gold Wing community as a whole. United we stand, Divided we fall (or shrivel away)

·
Super Moderator
9,287 Posts

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
If I got this right, we now have three Gold Wing focused organizations:

1) Gold Wing Touring Assoc. (GWTA)
2) American Gold Wing Assoc (AGWA)
3) Wing'd Riders

and one general motorcycle association that will have a lot of Gold Wing owners

A) Eagle Wing Motorcycle Assoc (EWMA).

Kinda like there are four major Gold Wing forums (not to mention countless social media groups)

In my opinion, that is just sad :confused: ... really wish they (the folks leading those groups) would take the effort to find common ground for the Gold Wing community as a whole. United we stand, Divided we fall (or shrivel away)
The people who started GWTA and AGWA were members of GWRRA. They founded their own orgs because GWRRA failed to meet their needs.

In other words, there WAS one Gold Wing community as a whole, and it didn't work for the whole.

·
Super Moderator
9,287 Posts
The people who started GWTA and AGWA were members of GWRRA. They founded their own orgs because GWRRA failed to meet their needs.

In other words, there WAS one Gold Wing community as a whole, and it didn't work for the whole.
They didn't get their way. Too stubborn. And they left. That's exactly what Navy Gator is saying. Build a bridge and get over it. Come together for the good of the community or die. Does all the whining and complaining really matter?

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
They didn't get their way. Too stubborn. And they left. That's exactly what Navy Gator is saying. Build a bridge and get over it. Come together for the good of the community or die. Does all the whining and complaining really matter?
Oh, you were there and in the know when those people left GWRRA to form their own clubs?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Reading the website, it actually looks very interesting......
Much More promise than the old GWRRA facelift IMHO.

John supported GWRRA & Wing Ding since its inception......for them to sling mud at him is lame at best.
Magazine planned, rally planned for 2023 @ Niehaus, and rider focused......I just might join and give it a try.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Super Moderator
9,287 Posts
Oh, you were there and in the know when those people left GWRRA to form their own clubs?
:rolleyes: No, but I joined both groups and I heard both sides of the story. I did not stay with TA because there was local chapters and no members that I knew of near me.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
:rolleyes: No, but I joined both groups. I did not stay with TA because there was local chapters and no members that I knew of near me.
It's been 30 years since I was in AGWA, but those folks had a different take on the separation.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Who is Wing’d Rider?

Wing’d Rider was formed in July of 2022 by John Lazzeroni to help replace the GWRRA organization and give the Gold Wing Rider a quality place to come to learn new things and meet new friends. Whether you are a solo rider or you like to ride in groups with other members and friends, the Wing’d Rider website is your new location.

·
Super Moderator
9,287 Posts
It's been 30 years since I was in AGWA, but those folks had a different take on the separation.
I don't know for sure what their take is/was. But again, I agree with Navy Gator.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I don't know for sure what their take is/was. But again, I agree with Navy Gator.
You said those who left were too stubborn and didn't get their way without even know why the split happened. You think the people should just tough it out for the "good of the community" without knowing why 2 groups split from GWRRA a few years apart? Yeah, just keep paying dues to a group that doesn't meet your needs. That makes sense. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts