GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I recently met Joe when he reached out and answered my want to buy post, he hooked me up with a Texelent accessory bar. Sat with him and his wife and visited on his back porch. Great time I had listening to his motorcycle adventures, this man had been all the world on two wheel adventures. I'm saddened to hear of this tragedy. May God Bless his soul, wife and family. His family will be in my prayers.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I didn't know him. I wish I had - my loss. Went back and read some of his more recent posts and he sounded full of life. I am saddened by his passing. Sure makes one question their mortality. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. God-Speed Joe!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Just like so many of you have said I hate to read about a forum member or any other motorcycle rider passing away due to an accident. I've read many of his posts and he was a class act especially when he gifted that Texelent Bar to Swampdonkey. Condolences to family and friends. RIP Joe

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Soo sorry to hear this. I feel like I met him somewhere along the trail. Was he at 2019 Rockies Gold, or maybe Glockjock's shindig in Texas in 2019? Sincere condolences to the Family, and I pray Joe Rest In Peace.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Joe , He was at Glockjock's . He was riding a white 2018 Goldwing . Joe was a super nice guy who enjoyed meeting fellow bikers and went out of his way to help them in any way he could. The last time I talked to Joe , he wanted to come over to my home and ,(his words ) "pick guitars " . We never were able to find that time . Time always slips away. Sad. .

·
Registered
874 Posts
I could not get to the link, nor find it by scrolling through the forum.

Reactions: William Anzik

·
Administrator
4,423 Posts
OK. From what I've got from it, it appears that he just drifted the front tire off the road in a slight curve which apparently he's driven hundreds of times, and trees are very close to the road. That's kinda the Readers Digest version. As of this afternoon, haven't heard anything about funeral arrangements. Just makes me sick typing this.....

·
Registered
218 Posts
OK. From what I've got from it, it appears that he just drifted the front tire off the road in a slight curve which apparently he's driven hundreds of times, and trees are very close to the road. That's kinda the Readers Digest version. As of this afternoon, haven't heard anything about funeral arrangements. Just makes me sick typing this.....
Sorry Bob. Probably shouldn't have asked.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Sorry to hear. Prayers for jfink and his friends and family. 🙏

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I talked to Joe's wife today about funeral arrangements for Joe. She said Joe did not want a large funeral . The family is just going to have a small family gathering and then a cremation. She told me that they will take Joe's ashes to Colorado and let the wind take them across the mountains that he loved. She wants to have a tribute motorcycle ride to honor Joe when the weather cools . The ride will end at Joe's home and refreshments will be served in the back yard . A toast will be made and those that want to tell stories and memories about Joe will be welcome to do so. More information will be posted later for the tribute ride.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts